Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 hours old and two major issues: brake lights, headlights and car won’t turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update after not having our 1 week old 3 for three days: the brake light getting stuck on wasn’t reproduced so no fix while in service, but it took me 30 seconds of driving out of the center to seeing the lights stuck on. U turn back and a tech adjusted the brake light sensor and haven’t seen this come back.

Auto headlights turning on during bright daylight...claimed to have makes adjustments. Worked fine for a day and now it’s doing it again. Ugh.

Read door alignment fixed but they introduced a chrome trim gap at the top of the window. Once I pointed it out, tech came out again and fixed it on the spot.

Service could not replicate the cameras not tracking cars and no auto pilot when lanes are clearly marked with cars. No fix. Worked fine for a day but doing this again now. When it happens and I try to use cruise, I get an error that it’s not available. This issue inly gets worse in that when it happens, I have no active safety features working as well...at least I’m sure the lane keep assist doesn’t work.

Autopilot not being installed from the factory was fixed over the air.

I won’t even mention the damage the service center cause...now needs a replacement part. If I did not catch it in the parking lot I doubt they would not have agreed to fix it.

Car is likely to go back to service this week. Disappointed doesn’t quite capture the sentiment. Never had this kind of experience in my past 20+ cars.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and cwerdna
i get it but ultimately if a forum can’t be used for sharing problems and hopefully resolutions, what good is it.
Sorry to hear of your problems with your new car. Even though I haven't had such problems, I do appreciate you taking the time to post and update us on your experiences. The problems each owner has could become a problem for any of us and gaining the knowledge from what others have learned is always helpful.

Quick update after not having our 1 week old 3 for three days: the brake light getting stuck on wasn’t reproduced so no fix while in service, but it took me 30 seconds of driving out of the center to seeing the lights stuck on. U turn back and a tech adjusted the brake light sensor and haven’t seen this come back.
Wow, they're not very good at diagnosis are they? I'm glad to hear that once you reproduced the problem 30 seconds away from the servcie center, they fixed it though.

Which service center is this?

Auto headlights turning on during bright daylight...claimed to have makes adjustments. Worked fine for a day and now it’s doing it again. Ugh.
You seem to have a lot of sensor problems. Either that or a central computer problem.

Read door alignment fixed but they introduced a chrome trim gap at the top of the window. Once I pointed it out, tech came out again and fixed it on the spot.

Service could not replicate the cameras not tracking cars and no auto pilot when lanes are clearly marked with cars. No fix. Worked fine for a day but doing this again now. When it happens and I try to use cruise, I get an error that it’s not available. This issue inly gets worse in that when it happens, I have no active safety features working as well...at least I’m sure the lane keep assist doesn’t work.

Autopilot not being installed from the factory was fixed over the air.

I won’t even mention the damage the service center cause...now needs a replacement part. If I did not catch it in the parking lot I doubt they would not have agreed to fix it.
That's just terrible.

Car is likely to go back to service this week. Disappointed doesn’t quite capture the sentiment. Never had this kind of experience in my past 20+ cars.
Serious haphazardness at the service center. Which service center is it? They're developing very different reputations from one another.