Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 seater third row seat stuck in the down position - anyone solved it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be calling Tesla tomorrow/going over to the service center, but just wanted to check to see if anyone had this happen. I pushed the seats down to carry something in to work, and when I got home today I tried to raise them and it doesn't work. The motor makes its usual noise and spins around for a bit but no unlatching happens.

I found several people discussing this issue here/in other forums and it is either

A) Something in between the back and bottom of the seat making the car think there is someone there. (not my case - in this case you cannot even hear the motor)

B) Something busted and the whole seat needs replacing.

My case is probably B. But asking just in case.

I saw that someone reported this exact issue and it was due to some pillow being stuck between seat and seat-back. That extra pressure prevent seat-back from releasing.

Your best bet is to do what @Gwgan said and push down on the seat-back while pressing the release button to see if that works. If not, then SC will have to address it.

Pushing it didn't work, took it in, they managed to get it to unlatch but are unsure if it will hold so they are replacing the seats. They will call me when they arrive and for now I won't lower that particular seat (I don't think I'll be carrying much right now anyway).