Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 Weeks Delay of Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had made an order of 90D from Tesla's Hong Kong Office on Feb 25 and confirmed by Mar 3. My salesperson had verbally confirmed the delivery would be Mid-May to Late-May.

After the car had confirmed, I had received that the delivery postpone to Late-May to June, which still fine with me.

As I will out of Hong Kong from April to Mid-May, I had discussed with the DS and given advices to proceed with the procedure like financing, insurance, etc. and after received the words from DS, I proceed with all necessary procedures for a new vehicle.

However, after one month of waiting the car being manufacture, I had received the news via My Tesla that delivery schedule of the car I had ordered is being postpone to Late June to July, 4 more weeks of delay!!!

The DS tell me nothing about the postpone of delivery and never reply emails that I sent for requesting quotation of several accessories I wish to install before the delivery.

I had made an order of 90D from Tesla's Hong Kong Office on Feb 25 and confirmed by Mar 3. My salesperson had verbally confirmed the delivery would be Mid-May to Late-May.

After the car had confirmed, I had received that the delivery postpone to Late-May to June, which still fine with me.

As I will out of Hong Kong from April to Mid-May, I had discussed with the DS and given advices to proceed with the procedure like financing, insurance, etc. and after received the words from DS, I proceed with all necessary procedures for a new vehicle.

However, after one month of waiting the car being manufacture, I had received the news via My Tesla that delivery schedule of the car I had ordered is being postpone to Late June to July, 4 more weeks of delay!!!

The DS tell me nothing about the postpone of delivery and never reply emails that I sent for requesting quotation of several accessories I wish to install before the delivery.

Yes as above, possible changeschanges. Hate quiet DS's, I suggest you ask for a different one. Ignoring you is not on at all! No respect

If you consider how Tesla operates and its mandate to ship 80-90K car a year.. it is VERY unlikely they will defer shipment..

A 3-6 weeks delay, that implies a cut in 5-11% production on annual basis for them. It is even less likely they are continue to manufacturer and keep all the car in a secret warehouse.. logistically that can't happen either.

My guess is shortage on parts or switch product to Model X instead of S. If a change were to happen, Tesla has been known to just do it overnight.. i think they will just do that again.

Well, I'd be happy it that turns out to be the case...I was playing the timing game awaiting some kind of refresh, but ultimately ran out of time. My DS appears very confident it'll be here before the end of the month though.

Usually during the first month of any Quarter, Jan, April, July and October, almost all production on Model S in Fremont is devoted to Euro and Asia-Pac production. This bias towards these foreign markets has been going on now for a few years. It allows Tesla to make these cars, get them on ships and transport them to the remote markets in order to take revenue credit before the end of the quarter.

Reactions: OreotheCat
I have a MS on order now, DS says he is "confident" they can make the planned May 4 delivery - although this may just be speculation on his part, because no delivery date has shown up in the MyTesla site, or emailed to me from the mothership...

I have a MS on order now, DS says he is "confident" they can make the planned May 4 delivery - although this may just be speculation on his part, because no delivery date has shown up in the MyTesla site, or emailed to me from the mothership...

I e-mailed my DS (who is awesome and has been incredibly helpful/responsive during this whole process) to confirm my end of April delivery and he said we were right on track and it should work great. The next day my order got pushed to May. It blindsided us both - I wouldn't necessarily trust your DS as gospel, they don't always know everything.

Also, guys, be reasonable - the cutout for the nosecone is an oval and it has a bumper that protrudes past the plane defined by the oval. If it were wrapped over a missing nosecone then you'd see an oval shape with a protrusion in the middle. Instead it looks exactly like the X and 3. It's a refresh to match their other two cars. How they roll it out is still a mystery, but implementing new features on pre-existing orders is nothing new. The car I bought in December and will be taking delivery of in May has new wheels, a center console, a bigger battery (was forced to upgrade to 90 when they discontinued the 85), and god only knows what else will change.

That's the name of the game with Tesla - what you order and what you get may not be the same, it's in a constant state of flux.