Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60-0 MPH braking distance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still awaiting the VIN for my model Y performance. But I decided to skip the PUP and go with the 20" Induction wheels to preserve range. I know I lose the performance brakes... but does anyone know the stopping distance for 60-0mph with the 21" wheels & PUP and the 20" wheels without the performance brakes?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Summer tires (21") vs all season tires (19" and 20")? I'm pretty sure the soft-rubber wider summer tires will stop faster.

BTW, keep in mind that the lower the tire profile, the closer the tread width is to the sidewall bulge width. A 255/35 has a wider tread than a 255/40 (in general). 255 means the sidewall bulge is 255mm, the contact patch is narrower. As empiredown noted, the brake size isn't a major parameter in a single 0-60 stop.

Personally, I still like the 19" gemeni wheels the best though.

Last edited:
Looking at the 20" all seasons specifically, but I can't seem to find 60-0mph braking distance data anywhere for any Model Y configuration. Still awaiting a VIN for my Model Y order, but I've been trying to convince a relative to get one too. Informed them of how safe Teslas are... but I couldn't answer the braking distance question lol.