Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

67 Miles To 0 Miles In One Hour In The Driveway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had our P85 since Jan 2013 and I’ve never seen anything like this. Early this afternoon I checked on it via the app and saw there was a software update available, so I installed it then. At that point the car had 67 miles of range. After the update was complete, still 67 miles. Went to meet my wife at the supercharger nearby and when I got in, it was on 0. Never having been in that situation I thought I could move it to where I could plug it into one of my 48 am charger's. The car let me put it into reverse so I could roll out into the street and that was it. Plugged it into a 110v 2 hours ago but it’s certainly being drained faster than the energy going into it, as it’s still on 0 while showing that it’s charging at 110v/12 amps. Has anyone heard of anything like this? The worst part is that the wait to speak with someone is more than an hour, although this is not a surprise as we’ve seen Tesla service go from fantastic to atrocious over the years.

We managed to get the car in the driveway and onto the 40 amp charger. It went well for the first half an hour or so but the charging slowed. The Remote Tesla app was reporting that it’s a 46kwh battery..... and dropping. The charging was completed, per the Tesla app, at 13 miles. We will see what Tesla says.

My 2016 S90D dropped to 100 miles maximum while sitting in my garage with 920 miles on the odometer. They came and loaded it onto a trailer and after analysis at the SvC installed a new battery in the car. It took a week for the new battery to be shipped to the east coast.

My 2016 S90D dropped to 100 miles maximum while sitting in my garage with 920 miles on the odometer. They came and loaded it onto a trailer and after analysis at the SvC installed a new battery in the car. It took a week for the new battery to be shipped to the east coast.

Mine ended up being the battery as well and it’s also supposed to be 1 week to get the battery to the east coast, which is tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what size they put in it.

Reactions: byeLT4 and croman