Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 > 8.0? Seems like an update for Tesla's legal team, and a net loss for customers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which part do you disagree with? the part about the hidden settings existing? Or the part about anyone actually using those settings? Seems silly to build settings nobody uses...

Or maybe you disagree that Elon stated he uses email while driving?
It was that you guarantee Elon and his friends don't have nags. It's possible but if he signs a compliance letter stating otherwise and it's discovered later, say after a traffic accident, he's putting his company and shareholders at risk and I'm 99.9% he wouldn't do that. Wasn't that whole Elon doing email while driving thing a while back? Don't spend time looking for it but it would be great if you had a link.

It was that you guarantee Elon and his friends don't have nags. It's possible but if he signs a compliance letter stating otherwise and it's discovered later, say after a traffic accident, he's putting his company and shareholders at risk and I'm 99.9% he wouldn't do that. Wasn't that whole Elon doing email while driving thing a while back? Don't spend time looking for it but it would be great if you had a link.
What compliance letter? is this your government anti-ap conspiracy again? If you think he's signed something saying he will drive with nags on his car, show the proof. Your endless assertions of government interference in AP development are starting to get very tiring.

• Love
Reactions: davidc18
How is the app outdated? It seems to be more advanced than the app for every other EV on the market.
Really? How's it outdated? Well, it still has yet to be updated for the larger iPhone screen size, which has been out for years! It is literally the only app on my phone that I use with any frequency that has yet to be updated. There are at least two third-party apps that offer more features and function significantly faster. Despite numerous requests, almost no new features added in years, biggest omissions probably being anything having to do with the cold weather package and scheduling. There are occasional bug fixes, but it's otherwise as if they completely forgot the app exists.

Really? How's it outdated? Well, it still has yet to be updated for the larger iPhone screen size, which has been out for years! It is literally the only app on my phone that I use with any frequency that has yet to be updated. There are at least two third-party apps that offer more features and function significantly faster. Despite numerous requests, almost no new features added in years, biggest omissions probably being anything having to do with the cold weather package and scheduling. There are occasional bug fixes, but it's otherwise as if they completely forgot the app exists.
I don't have a larger iPhone, so I was not aware of that limitation. I still have a 5s & will continue to use it for the foreseeable future since my company's IT dept won't approve replacing my three-year-old 5s with a new 7, only with a 6s. I don't want technology that is a year old in the 6s, so I'll keep using my 5s until they'll approve the 7.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to turn on the heated seats, steering wheel & wipers via the app. But it's still better than every other EV app!

I don't have a larger iPhone, so I was not aware of that limitation. I still have a 5s & will continue to use it for the foreseeable future since my company's IT dept won't approve replacing my three-year-old 5s with a new 7, only with a 6s. I don't want technology that is a year old in the 6s, so I'll keep using my 5s until they'll approve the 7.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to turn on the heated seats, steering wheel & wipers via the app. But it's still better than every other EV app!
Other EV's don't cost $100k.
It's more just the issue that Tesla seems to ignore the features their current customers request most, and focus on things that will get them headlines. The app is one small example.