Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to hear from your Sales Advisor team tell them you plan to make the final payment via a bank cashier's check. They will contact you repeatedly and push you to set up an Automated Clearing House (ACH) debit * authorization with your bank checking or savings account. A few days for your scheduled delivery confirm the amount due and obtain a cashier's check for that amount from your bank. You can pay via a cashier's check even if you are able to elect for touchless home delivery. You just need to sign the documents that Tesla provides and return the documents along with your payment via the pre-addressed FedEx mailing envelope. In my case the FedEx was sent to the local Tesla Service Center. Depending on the laws in your state if you choose to make the final payment via a cashier's check you may have to send the final payment via overnight mail or FedEx delivery prior to delivery.

* ACH debit fraud is one of the oldest, currently fastest growing forms of banking fraud. Not that Tesla would intentionally commit fraud but all it takes is for an individual inside the billing or accounts receivable department to make a copy, later sell your banking information, along with other customers' banking information, to a fraud ring (the individual may be paid as little as $25 for your information.) All that is needed to initiate a fraudulent ACH debit transaction is the account number and the bank routing number information. I know this from personal experience. In 2019 a family joint checking account with a major bank was attacked by ACH debit fraud. I noticed unapproved ACH debit transactions on the bank statement, contacted the bank right away. The bank refunded the lost funds while they conducted an investigation, later confirmed the fraud. The banking advisor told me that unfortunately the only way to defend against additional ACH debit fraud transactions in the future was to close the affected account and open a new account. That means that any automated transfers, direct deposit that was set up on the old account had to be halted and then set up on the new account. All told it took me ~3 months to set things right and this was all pre-COVID-19.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I called up sales, was routed to Colorado, and asked if I could order a 3rd row. She said sure, I'll just put in a note to make you "unmatchable" because you're waiting for a 3rd row. No more checking the website every day!

Capture.JPG

Posting in this thread to get updates, I have a 7seat model X on order, was excited about the prospect of a 7 seater why but I still can't see how Y would possibly work with 7 seats after crawling around a couple of them inside and out. Still intrigued and want to see one in person/hear impressions from a real live human with legs

Perhaps so. I didn't remember seeing the seat belt extra trim, but I wasn't previously looking for clues.

I believe the 3rd row will be forward facing. Tesla has been known to hide Easter eggs in plain sight. While not really an easter egg, I believe this is an example where they have been showing us all along and speculation of rear facing is just that, speculation I understand front facing will may result in limited room for those occupants but I only plan to use the seats occasionally.

Someone in this thread previously mentioned that the dimensions could change a bit to accommodate the 3rd row. This is what I am hoping for and for that reason I have held off on buying accessories like floormats.

I totally get the feeling of searching for any bit of information on the 7 seater. I do a loop through this forum, twitter, redit, my Tesla account page a few times a day. Im really hopeful that they are producing the 7seaters now and those of us with reservations will hopefully start getting notification and deliveries in December!

I believe the 3rd row will be forward facing. Tesla has been known to hide Easter eggs in plain sight.

I don't believe Tesla ever alluded to the seats being rear facing. It was just a rumor started after several people (including Sandy Munro) got their hands on the 5-seat model and concluded it would be more comfortable to sit backwards.

If you go back to the Model Y unveil video you can clearly see the hinges at the back of the third row, and then 6 adults exit the vehicle (4 from the rear doors), and then fold the third-row seats down forward before leaving the stage. None of that would be possible with rear facing seats.

My theory is that the 7-seat Model Y will feature a second row that can be moved forward/backward to allow more or less leg room for the third row.