Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery 25 hours ahead of schedule! I gave a tour of the new 7 seat features to several of the sales staff as I believe none had been in one before.

Looks like a new factory firmware version 2020.47.101.1 that supports heated steering wheel. Amber blinkers and no HEPA I believe.

heated.jpg

software.jpg

amber.jpg

intake.jpg

Does yours have the new adaptive headlights?! Congratulations!
Nope, original headlights. Thanks!

How about heated seats in 3rd row?
UI in 2020.47.101.1 doesn't even show the 3rd row when viewing the seat heaters. But there are indeed weight and seat belt sensors. (Sorry, hard to take a picture and sit in the 3rd row, but here it is showing all seats with a definitely smaller red icon than in the 5-seat Model 3):
seats.jpg

Issues so far…

• One of the back window vertical seals at the top back corner wasn't aligned. Gave it a tug, and it's good.
  • Passenger vanity mirror socket rectangular cover was slightly wobbly. Gave it a push, and it's good.
  • 60% side of second row wouldn't fold down. Pushed it all the way back, and it's good.
  • 3rd row headrest wouldn't go back down. Pushed the release button really hard, and it's good.
  • Driver side rear view mirror doesn't adjust enough when I'm sitting at max seat height. Lowered seat, and it's good enough.
  • Need to manually switch selected vehicle in app to walk up unlock, but tapping the phone with NFC works fine. Existing Model 3 key cards work fine on the Y too.

Vehicle was delivered with 5 miles on the odometer, and by 10 miles, Autopilot finished calibration on the way home with green lights chiming (but only lines visualized) even before finishing calibration.

Software version 2020.47.101.1 doesn't include holiday update, so no Boombox or new games, but it does make warning noise when reversing. It does have the set speed percentage offset, which was introduced in 2020.44, so it's not too far behind.

CONGRATS!!!!! and thank you very much for all the detailed pics and info. Which model did you get, asking because I see it comes with a full year of premium connectivity? Thanks and congrats again!
Long Range / White / 19" / Tow Hitch / White / 7 Seat / FSD.

Good to see our existing swinging bike rack and ski adapter fit fine! :)
ski hitch.jpg

Issues so far…

• One of the back window vertical seals at the top back corner wasn't aligned. Gave it a tug, and it's good.
  • Passenger vanity mirror socket rectangular cover was slightly wobbly. Gave it a push, and it's good.
  • 60% side of second row wouldn't fold down. Pushed it all the way back, and it's good.
  • 3rd row headrest wouldn't go back down. Pushed the release button really hard, and it's good.
  • Driver side rear view mirror doesn't adjust enough when I'm sitting at max seat height. Lowered seat, and it's good enough.
  • Need to manually switch selected vehicle in app to walk up unlock, but tapping the phone with NFC works fine. Existing Model 3 key cards work fine on the Y too.

Vehicle was delivered with 5 miles on the odometer, and by 10 miles, Autopilot finished calibration on the way home with green lights chiming (but only lines visualized) even before finishing calibration.

Software version 2020.47.101.1 doesn't include holiday update, so no Boombox or new games, but it does make warning noise when reversing. It does have the set speed percentage offset, which was introduced in 2020.44, so it's not too far behind.

Long Range / White / 19" / Tow Hitch / White / 7 Seat / FSD.

Good to see our existing swinging bike rack and ski adapter fit fine! :)
View attachment 633997
Congratulations
Did you have any paint issues?

Took delivery 25 hours ahead of schedule! I gave a tour of the new 7 seat features to several of the sales staff as I believe none had been in one before.

Looks like a new factory firmware version 2020.47.101.1 that supports heated steering wheel. Amber blinkers and no HEPA I believe.

View attachment 633957
View attachment 633959
View attachment 633956
View attachment 633958

any chance you have the tesmanian mats? Does the 2nd row mat fit the same as the 5 seater?

He gave the paint a push, and it’s good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No! Not good! I was inspecting something on the hood and gave a push… and it caved in!!! :oops:o_O:p

Paint looks and feels excellent all around. Gaps around the doors, hood, trunk, lights and even the trunk hinge are all excellent and consistent probably within 1mm. The only other issue I found was the edge of one of the rear wheel liners overlapped the plastic the wrong way, so I gave it a tug, and it's good. ;)

The 2nd row has 16 stopping points for sliding at what seems to be 1cm increments. I'm 5'10", and now I can tilt the 2nd row back without my head touching the overhead cross beam on the 7th-from-back point leaving me plenty of leg room.

A warning for those also testing out 3rd row seating with a spouse. Make sure you slide the 2nd row forward for additional leg room if you're folding it down as its bottom edge will rotate out a little bit and you might end up pinching the passenger -> unhappy house. :eek:

any chance you have the tesmanian mats? Does the 2nd row mat fit the same as the 5 seater?
Sorry, don't have any to test.

@Mardak The mirror adjustment is a known issue. Search the forums but it basically comes down to cutting some plastic tabs from the injection molding process off with side cutters. Very easy DIY fix.
Nod. I've seen those fixes, and I might try if I notice it enough for the times I do drive. Most of the daily miles will be by the wife, and the mirror adjustments seem to be fine for her.

I’m slightly annoyed to see that Preordering the 7 seater has had little to no effect on position in line for actually receiving a car. It looks like VINs have been assigned to some that placed their order only a few weeks ago. Not sure how they are being assigned but many of us have had our orders placed since 2019. I’m jealous of all of you that actually have a delivery date and a VIN! I don’t even know who my SA is, nor have they ever emailed, called, texted or checked in with me during the entire waiting process.

I’m slightly annoyed to see that Preordering the 7 seater has had little to no effect on position in line for actually receiving a car. It looks like VINs have been assigned to some that placed their order only a few weeks ago. Not sure how they are being assigned but many of us have had our orders placed since 2019. I’m jealous of all of you that actually have a delivery date and a VIN! I don’t even know who my SA is, nor have they ever emailed, called, texted or checked in with me during the entire waiting process.
Batch manufacturing. It is slightly frustrating, but at the same time it's the only thing that makes sense for Tesla to do.

Reactions: EchoDelta