Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[QUOTE
My estimated date has come and passed. Now I have no dates in my profile at all. Has anyone experienced this? If so, did they update it eventually? I know the dates don’t mean much but without one I feel invisible.

Apologies, somehow I screwed up the formatting on my post above.

I’ve seen several posts that state they received a VIN shortly after their projected dates disappeared.
Hopefully that’s good news for you!

Reactions: Ywait
My estimated date has come and passed. Now I have no dates in my profile at all. Has anyone experienced this? If so, did they update it eventually? I know the dates don’t mean much but without one I feel invisible.
My estimated delivery date disappeared on 2/7. The delivery date was 2/6-2/25 then.
It reappeared yesterday with delivery date 2/14-2/26
I got my VIN today. Delivery date 2/15-2/20 now.

In the same boat. My estimated dates disappeared on the last day of my original estimated range (2/12). Seeing a lot of early January orders get VINs, especially in SCAL so hoping I'm next!

One more data point- I’m local to Fremont and ordered 3/‘19. I got my vin yesterday (xxx112575) and probably could have picked up this week. It’s white with black interior, 19” wheels, with tow. Someone else will get it I suppose.

I decided to postpone for several reasons, but the $7k pending FTC is a big one.

As an investor, I worry q1 could be tricky for US demand (not orders but actual deliveries) unless the feds act quickly on the green act, which I doubt.

maybe they can ship cars internationally but then free cash flow is affected.

That is the exact one I ordered...hope it finds its way to me... :) Although, the pending bill has me thinking, too..

That is the exact one I ordered...hope it finds its way to me... :) Although, the pending bill has me thinking, too..
Wow, 2 HOURS, after I typed this, my SA called and said they have a match and gave me a VIN# = 116XXX.
Since I am in Chicago, will still be at least 1 more week, but more likely 2 more weeks per SA.
Ordered on 1/7/21.

We test drove a Y today, but they had a Y in the showroom at the Tesla Store (Brea, CA) with the rear seats. They looked cool but as soon as my 11 and 8 year old jumped into the back and we put the middle seats down, they had to have the middle seats moved all the way forward in order to sit comfortably. As soon as I moved the middle seat back on them, they immediately hated the lack of room (as in they couldn't move their legs at all, and were wedged in place). My 11 year old is 5'2" and my 8 year old is 4'4" and it was even tight for him, but they both have long legs.

Needless to say, I won't be ordering our Y with the rear seat since we won't use it, but if anyone in the LA area wants to check out a Model Y with the rear seats, the Brea Tesla store has a white Model Y LR on display with the rear seats (and current/old console).

Just dropped by the Burbank delivery center and they had about 10 Model Ys. After looking at them all, the ones with the new center console started at VIN121XXX. The highest VIN I saw was 124XXX and it had the new center console. None of them had the new headlights. Only one Model Y Performance with 98XXX and old lights.

Attachments

• 8293C34C-E411-4AF6-97FC-FAF093ECD5F6.jpeg
    8293C34C-E411-4AF6-97FC-FAF093ECD5F6.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 67
  • 9E559689-6A4A-4FFE-A283-7D04494B52F3.jpeg
    9E559689-6A4A-4FFE-A283-7D04494B52F3.jpeg
    550.5 KB · Views: 61
  • BD4A373B-2163-421B-966D-B73BCA32E887.jpeg
    BD4A373B-2163-421B-966D-B73BCA32E887.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke and Axeman
Just dropped by the Burbank delivery center and they had about 10 Model Ys. After looking at them all, the ones with the new center console started at VIN121XXX. The highest VIN I saw was 124XXX and it had the new center console. None of them had the new headlights. Only one Model Y Performance with 98XXX and old lights.

Were they 5 or 7 seaters? Or both?

Reactions: Axeman
That’s the important info that gets left out.
And hepa and seat count and interior color and most critically **what about them new tow hitch cover doors** ? :)

Just kidding- thanks to @MilSpec for sharing . 7 seat waiting room is a tough crowd, and I hope we’ll all enjoy driving and using the cars despite the nuances- smug knowing they are the ones with the MOST SEATS of them all. Satisficers are a happier lot.

Reactions: dss33