Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order is showing the same under next step even after I uploaded proof of insurance weeks ago. Hopefully that's not holding up the order. I had a similar situation on trade-in, the trade-in not showing completed even though it's already uploaded with all the documentation to Tesla. I had to call them to manually have them look at it and then move to the next ordering phase.

just receive an email from delivery addressing this

"You will have a 100-miles window in the first 24 hours after you take delivery to report any concerns in your Tesla app under the service section by scheduling a service appointment for the concerns."
Hope, this does not include the distance they drive your car from the receiving Tesla dealership to deliver to your home.

I uploaded a PDF of my policy and it read my policy information out of it and it populated in that box. After that, the minus in the circle turned into a check mark. Once that is done your “profile is complete” on their end. I’m not sure how they affects the rest of the process though. You might want to reach out to your SA to make sure that’s all set.

Reactions: bryan995
Just accepted at-home delivery. Took 15 minutes, signed 3 papers, and the delivery person left in an Uber. She confirmed that I could inspect it in detail and had 24 hours to report any issues. So I looked for major paint issues, which probably would have been the only reason that I would reject delivery, checked the gaps, and checked inside briefly to make sure there were no major flaws in the seats, and that was it.

I had two issues that I will report to tesla: (1) one of the windows seems to stick out even when it's all the way "up"; and (2) there are some scratches on the plastic around one of the wheel wells. Pictures attached. I found those during the inspection and told the delivery person -- she said take photos and upload within 24 hours and they will schedule a service.

Recap: MSM, black, 20", no tow, no FSD.
Ordered: 1/26
VIN Received: 3/27
Delivery: 3/29.

I then took it for a drive. I was planning to add the acceleration boost, but honestly now I think I'll pass on it. These things are just so fast. Will go for a longer drive tonight, and will add accessories tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing. It made the whole experience much easier and understandable.

Attachments

• IMG_7439.jpg
    IMG_7439.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7441.jpg
    IMG_7441.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7442.jpg
    IMG_7442.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Model Y, LR, 7-Seater, AWD, Dark Metallic Grey, Black Interior, Tow, 20" Wheels, Ordered 2/1/2021, VIN assigned on 3/25, Delivered on 3/27
I have exact same build, ordered Jan 23, 2021, my "prepare for delivery" section was completed on March 9, 2021. My SA uploaded my insurance for me after texting them an image of it. I've called several times speaking to different agents through the main line (with option 4), as recently as this past Sunday, and they seemed pretty confident it would show before end of quarter.

My data is in the spreadsheet, I noticed one other in CA (Bay Area) got a VIN on the 27th

Reactions: kkw249
So I logged in to make payment and - POOF - the VIN is gone AND the payment option is no longer available. The delivery window is still scheduled for 03.31.2021 with from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. I called the service agent, who said she would have to reach out to a delivery team member and get back to me. This is such a frustration process! Here's to hoping that I'm still scheduled for a car this week.

• Informative
Further update - "That car isn't coming off the factory line any time soon." They are going to try to match me to a different car in the next two days, allegedly. I gave the sales rep an earful on the phone. The person I spoke to has no visibility as to exactly why that happened or when I would be re-matched other than to say they would try.

So I logged in to make payment and - POOF - the VIN is gone AND the payment option is no longer available. The delivery window is still scheduled for 03.31.2021 with from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. I called the service agent, who said she would have to reach out to a delivery team member and get back to me. This is such a frustration process! Here's to hoping that I'm still scheduled for a car this week.
This sounds so frustrating - Im sorry this is happening. I wish this was an easier process for everyone

Further update - "That car isn't coming off the factory line any time soon." They are going to try to match me to a different car in the next two days, allegedly. I gave the sales rep an earful on the phone. The person I spoke to has no visibility as to exactly why that happened or when I would be re-matched other than to say they would try.
whats your config - there are several in the bay (couple of demo) that are available - all LR, though.

I uploaded a PDF of my policy and it read my policy information out of it and it populated in that box. After that, the minus in the circle turned into a check mark. Once that is done your “profile is complete” on their end. I’m not sure how they affects the rest of the process though. You might want to reach out to your SA to make sure that’s all set.
Mine, never changed into a check mark. It is either + or - (expand or collapse). I tried both, jpg or pdf. SA said I’m good but still no VIN.
Frustrating, how this website behave differently. The ordering process, dates missing, when date was there, it is either week range or date range. The VIN assignment process should be automated. Not some kind of clerical person assigning VIN randomly. I hope they have a different group of programmers doing this ordering process against those doing the AI for AP and FSD. Or else we’re doomed, 😀

whats your config - there are several in the bay (couple of demo) that are available - all LR, though.
It's a Blue, Black Interior, LR, Autopilot, with 19" Wheels. No FSD or Tow hitch. I wouldn't want a demo, I've heard and read enough not great things about them.

Waiting to hear back again from the SA. She said they expect to get a bunch of cars in the next couple days... whatever. I'm going to go back to lowering my expectations for now.

That's really frustrating. Hopefully , it will work out for you. Hearing this, I will hold off on paying the balance on my account until I am there and ready to pick up the car.

It's a Blue, Black Interior, LR, Autopilot, with 19" Wheels. No FSD or Tow hitch. I wouldn't want a demo, I've heard and read enough not great things about them.

Waiting to hear back again from the SA. She said they expect to get a bunch of cars in the next couple days... whatever. I'm going to go back to lowering my expectations for now.
there's 1 blue that isnt demo, only change is the interior. Check it out. less than 50 on the odometer

Reactions: mdcone
there's 1 blue that isnt demo, only change is the interior. Check it out. less than 50 on the odometer
@OnAKessle_run , Thanks!. I've asked the sales rep to work with me on conceding price or lifetime premium connectivity based on the $1,000 base difference and upgrade to 20" and Tow Hitch. We'll see what she says. I'm not sure if I'm willing to budge if there is zero concession on their side - more out of pride than anything else.

Have to try negotiate a little - even though I know that Tesla isn't big on that. I'm definitely pliable on interior, don't really care about the wheels, and I was probably going to install an aftermarket hitch anyway. So this could be a very good option.

For what it's worth - I actually like my SA quite a bit. She's communicated consistently and been easily reachable. I did let them have it on the phone today - she's an agent of Tesla so unfortunately for her she represents the company that made crappy delivery promises and has delivered the same car to people who ordered after me in other parts of the country. I have to say - thank goodness this forum helped set my expectations, I'm not nearly as unhappy as I would be without having read everything that everyone here has posted!

The saga continues. After giving them the business and requested concession on the OnAKessle_run car - I'm re-matched to a VIN for my build, but I'm pretty sure that it's the exact VIN that I was matched to before. I asked that Tesla confirm it is not and then I would complete payment. Confirmation is pending.

I wish I had typed the full VIN into the spreadsheet now! Hopefully I can issue one more update with a - new VIN, expecting delivery.