Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to pay before they will delivery is my understanding. I had the option, but I think that depends on your proximity to the service center. More proximate = higher likelihood of home delivery availability.

I chose home delivery as we just had a child and I would rather be at home with the wife while I'm off than go in.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have seen some people advices against home delivery because of inability to reject the vehicle on spot, but it seems like the average build quality has vastly improved in 2021 that it’s no longer a big risk to accept home delivery.

Whoever suggested re-submitting insurance documentation again, thank you. Originally my page showed this little PDF that I uploaded with my insurance card on it but nothing "checked off" per se.

Went back in and went to replace the PDF and it gave me actual information to enter such as Insurance Company, Policy number, agent phone number, and then I uploaded the ACTUAL pdf of my policy. Then it showed the following now instead:

iDV4ivt.png

Who knows if it actually makes a difference, the SA seemed to think I was good to go originally. Curious if a VIN may pop up this week.

Reactions: mdcone and Consult
Whoever suggested re-submitting insurance documentation again, thank you. Originally my page showed this little PDF that I uploaded with my insurance card on it but nothing "checked off" per se.

Went back in and went to replace the PDF and it gave me actual information to enter such as Insurance Company, Policy number, agent phone number, and then I uploaded the ACTUAL pdf of my policy. Then it showed the following now instead:

iDV4ivt.png

Who knows if it actually makes a difference, the SA seemed to think I was good to go originally. Curious if a VIN may pop up this week.

iDV4ivt.png

Interesting, I just tried again, and no change. Perhaps the system cannot auto-read my policy PDF. I am using CONNECT via costco car insurance. Not sure this would hold up the VIN assignment, since the new VIN needs to be added and covered anyways.

And just like that, my new VIN disappeared. Nothing ever changed on my status page, except for the VIN showing up and disappearing twice since Friday. They were different VINs each time. No contact from SA or anyone at Tesla. Called SA the first time it disappeared, and he has no idea what's going on. He's pretty much useless, and hasn't reached out to me once since ordering in January and didn't seem to know how any of this works.

. I hope they have a different group of programmers doing this ordering process against those doing the AI for AP and FSD. Or else we’re doomed, 😀
this is common. Where I work in one team we have massive infra with custom hardware training models to represent the entirety of human language, while in another app we can’t figure out if you wanted to change your font because you indented a bullet point . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m having the same issue. Tried multiple times, tried jpg vs pdf, etc. no luck for 1+ week. StateFarm insurance.
I totally recommend getting on the phone. Keep the DS on the line looking at your profile while you upload until they confirm it is up, or even email it to them and make sure they acknowledge it and enter it themselves.

Reactions: Consult
I got the following text today with respect to taking delivery:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built tomorrow. We plan to drop off your Model Y to your address at on 3/31. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:
- E-sign your contract, which will be available on 3/30
- Submit final payment, if necessary

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.

Does anyone have any idea how issues are reported and rectified on a home delivery? Do I just cal l Tesla with my list of demands and schedule a service appointment if the car isn’t perfect on delivery. Oh - and I would be shocked if it is given that they will finish building my car tomorrow and then deliver 6 hours down the road sometime during the following day.

All that said - freaking excited!
I just spoke with someone today about that. You have 24 hours to let Tesla know of any problems with your car and schedule service....even if your service date is after 24 hours. They will come fix any problem.

I have the same problem, will try contacting the SA again. It only allows me to upload image, not asking me for insurance details at all. I tried both PDF and also JPEG of the insurance card same results. Tried different browser, logging out and logging back in, same result.
I had same issue with Windows PC and firefox. I was able to complete the step successfully by using Android and Chrome on my phone

And just like that, my new VIN disappeared. Nothing ever changed on my status page, except for the VIN showing up and disappearing twice since Friday. They were different VINs each time. No contact from SA or anyone at Tesla. Called SA the first time it disappeared, and he has no idea what's going on. He's pretty much useless, and hasn't reached out to me once since ordering in January and didn't seem to know how any of this works.
Sorry to hear that. We are both in the IE. My SA's are in Las Vegas base on the phone numbers and the signature block in email. There are actually 2 of them working together. Do you know if your SA is nearby?

I had same issue with Windows PC and firefox. I was able to complete the step successfully by using Android and Chrome on my phone
No luck, just tried it on the phone. Oh well, not going to stress it too much, I sent the SA an email asking him if there's an issue. Worse case scenario maybe car gets delayed and with some major luck Green Deal approved and my car is one of them!

Based on this chain, it appears quite a few folks had home delivery. Did you had to pay by ACH before the home delivery? Did Tesla actually gave you an option to home delivery or pickup? Fortunately, it seems like most folks did not find major issues.
I had home delivery, but I told them I was paying with a cashier's check. They didn't seem to mind. I handed them the check at drop off after I had a chance to look it over.

Sorry to hear that. We are both in the IE. My SA's are in Las Vegas base on the phone numbers and the signature block in email. There are actually 2 of them working together. Do you know if your SA is nearby?
Yeah, he's in rancho. I ordered from him at the rancho store after a test drive in January. Never reached out to me once since then, I don't have his phone number or email address. Today I called and spoke with someone else, and that person was pretty confident I should have a car by Weds.

And now I just got assigned a new VIN for the third time... So hopefully third time is a charm!

Reactions: bluenycom
Yeah, he's in rancho. I ordered from him at the rancho store after a test drive in January. Never reached out to me once since then, I don't have his phone number or email address. Today I called and spoke with someone else, and that person was pretty confident I should have a car by Weds.

And now I just got assigned a new VIN for the third time... So hopefully third time is a charm!
For anyone following my similar saga earlier today.

Tesla dropped my VIn number. Told me that I was unmatched because that ViN was associated with a car that “wouldn’t come off the line anytime soon”. I gave them the business on the phone. They then “found another exact match” which turned out to be the exact same VIN from earlier. I called and gave them the business again - after they explained that VIN had an issue.

Now I have a new 159xxx vin which has just
appeared. We’ll see what tomorrow might bring.

Story time! Last night I noticed that my account said pay final payment again and the adjustment for my grant was gone. The next morning as soon as the SC was open, I called and asked what was going on. I was told that since there was a change to my account my vin was released. Meaning they gave someone else my car!, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Then like I've already shared with you all, they offered to match me ASAP but they only had cars up north that required a $500 transport fee. The Nice guy at the SC told me that he would talk to his manager to figure it out for me when I reminded him that my grant was still an issue and that it expired today! He said, "TODAY! " then I said "today" he then told me to give him an hour to straighten this out. Almost exactly an hour later I get an email saying your vin is in! He calls back a few seconds later to confirm. He asks if everything was good and I tell him yes. He says, let me look and see where your car is....... hmm.... it looks like.... it'sssss...... HERE! would you like to pick up today? Y'all know what I said! Anyways everything moved light speed and I'm home with my car! It looks good, only complaint was the door handles are not sitting flush, they're a little pushed in.

And just like that, in one day, went from not knowing when would get our tesla to having it delivered to our driveway at 9 pm tonight. Car is great!! only two small things to take care of (will give a more thorough look in the morning). Very happy with delivery person - he stayed and answered all our questions and walked us through what we needed to do on our end- he was exceptional!!

Will post picture when get a chance in the morning

Thank you all for your support and a forum to get question answer and speed up the learning curve :)

And just like that, in one day, went from not knowing when would get our tesla to having it delivered to our driveway at 9 pm tonight. Car is great!! only two small things to take care of (will give a more thorough look in the morning). Very happy with delivery person - he stayed and answered all our questions and walked us through what we needed to do on our end- he was exceptional!!

Will post picture when get a chance in the morning

Thank you all for your support and a forum to get question answer and speed up the learning curve :)
This whole time everything moved so slow until it didn't