Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a 7 seat that just popped up on the east coast. I wished it had 20" wheel.

I wish this was in Toronto, ON. Matches my config except the color.

Reactions: with_raiden
I no longer have a delivery window. Ordered 12/15/19. Had to change from stealth performance, to performance, to LR AWD over the course of my wait. When they switched me to LR AWD they messed up and had me down as a 5 seater. They have me down as a 7 seater now...but still have the wrong price for FSD....

Took delivery in Smithtown on LI yesterday. MY LR AWD Black/Black/20/Tow. VIN 180XXX. Ordered 3/17/2021.
One windshield wiper fluid hose was out of its clip and I snapped it back in (service advisor lined it up so get the right slack). Otherwise couldn't find a single thing wrong, and I stayed much longer than I needed to trying to find anything. Trim, panels, screws, clips all checked out well against the checklists provided on this forum.
My delivery was moved earlier, then delayed to original date as the car had been in the paint shop because it got dinged during transit. Even there, they showed me where it was and I couldn't tell.

FWIW, The car to my right: Had a loose panel on the interior of the trunk hatch which was fixed on the spot, and one rear brakelight assembly was sticking out 2mm (you actually had to look down over the trunk straight down, or close your eyes and touch both at the same time) but it was deemed "within spec" yet with some wiggle room- could be aligned further in a return visit as they wanted the owner to be happy.
The car to my left: the owner swapped their prior Tesla, was satisfied and gone in about 20 minutes.

I was given full interior access and paperwork was in the car - I completed every other step online/on phone. I truly could have been out of there in 10 minutes if I rushed but I took an hour, and did the remainder of my checking after accepting delivery simply to get on-the-spot help for any little things (like the washer hose). Overall, really friendly, helpful service there - Having picked up my prior car in Fremont this facility had the scale and look to give off the same vibe - a giant warehouse sized auto shop. Even the lobby felt the same.

They came over and were cleaning the interior a bit extra after I signed - there were definitely some hand marks from manufacturing and delivery. It's palpable how they're trying to balance quick efficiency (repeat Tesla owners) with those who are (rightfully) afraid to quickly drive away on such a large purchase.

Last edited:
Took delivery in Smithtown on LI yesterday. MY LR AWD Black/Black/20/Tow. VIN 180XXX. Ordered 3/17/2021.
One windshield wiper fluid hose was out of its clip and I snapped it back in (service advisor lined it up so get the right slack). Otherwise couldn't find a single thing wrong, and I stayed much longer than I needed to trying to find anything. Trim, panels, screws, clips all checked out well against the checklists provided on this forum.
My delivery was moved earlier, then delayed to original date as the car had been in the paint shop because it got dinged during transit. Even there, they showed me where it was and I couldn't tell.

FWIW, The car to my right: Had a loose panel on the interior of the trunk hatch which was fixed on the spot, and one rear brakelight assembly was sticking out 2mm (you actually had to look down over the trunk straight down, or close your eyes and touch both at the same time) but it was deemed "within spec" yet with some wiggle room- could be aligned further in a return visit as they wanted the owner to be happy.
The car to my left: the owner swapped their prior Tesla, was satisfied and gone in about 20 minutes.

I was given full interior access and paperwork was in the car - I completed every other step online/on phone. I truly could have been out of there in 10 minutes if I rushed but I took an hour, and did the remainder of my checking after accepting delivery simply to get on-the-spot help for any little things (like the washer hose). Overall, really friendly, helpful service there - Having picked up my prior car in Fremont this facility had the scale and look to give off the same vibe - a giant warehouse sized auto shop. Even the lobby felt the same.

They came over and were cleaning the interior a bit extra after I signed - there were definitely some hand marks from manufacturing and delivery. It's palpable how they're trying to balance quick efficiency (repeat Tesla owners) with those who are (rightfully) afraid to quickly drive away on such a large purchase.
Congrats on picking up your new model Y. I am super happy to hear that everything went smoothly. I hope to have the same experience when I hopefully pick up mine end of this month or next month in Manhasset.

I have the same build as you, my order was 4/12 so hopefully will see in May-June. My delivery date range disappeared last week so just waiting and seeing. Good to hear about quality control. Cheers to you!

Reactions: PetRock