Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 180xxx. 4 miles on the odometer.

Panels
- Flush and Aligned.
- No Touch Up Paint
- No Curb Rash

Doors
- Requires Quite A Lot of Force to Close Properly. SLAM IT SHUT, literally!!! I'll blame on the new weather-strips in the meantime.

Driver's B-Pillar Seatbelt Trim
- It seems like there's a plastic rivet toward the center that is loose. I'm able to pop it back under their supervision.

Driver Side Front Window (Reported via App)
- Once the door shut, you have to push the window pane in the corner for it to sit inside the weather-stripping channel.

2nd Row Loose Seat Trim
- A plastic trim was on the floor in plain sight. The technician replaced the rivet on the spot.

Steering Wheel (Reported via App)
- Not Straight when Driving Straight

3rd Row Seat Cushion (Reported via App)
= A weird metal piece pops up. Issues with Assembly?

Last edited:
Reactions: Consult
VIN 180xxx. 4 miles on the odometer.

Panels
- Flush and Aligned.
- No Touch Up Paint
- No Curb Rash

Doors
- Requires Quite A Lot of Force to Close Properly. SLAM IT SHUT, literally!!! I'll blame on the new weather-strips in the meantime.

Driver's B-Pillar Seatbelt Trim
- It seems like there's a plastic rivet toward the center that is loose. I'm able to pop it back under their supervision.

Driver Side Front Window (Reported via App)
- Once the door shut, you have to push the window pane in the corner for it to sit inside the weather-stripping channel.

2nd Row Loose Seat Trim
- A plastic trim was on the floor in plain sight. The technician replaced the rivet on the spot.

Steering Wheel (Reported via App)
- Not Straight when Driving Straight

3rd Row Seat Cushion (Reported via App)
= A weird metal piece pops up. Issues with Assembly?
There was a report of new door wood dash trim on the Model Y (in addition to 3). I assume yours does not have that? Thanks.

Update on my delivery estimates. For the first time the later date move closer. Yesterday was May 8 - May 24, now May 9 - May 23. Only 1 day closer, but it did shrink. Earliest date is stubbornly staying at 16 days from now, but if they've shored up the later date hopefully it means something.View attachment 656260 This is my chart of estimated dates since I got the first one. The skips are when there was no dates shown.
Nice viz. you have a knack for this.

with Tesla, Quarters don’t repeat themselves, but they rhyme.
Deliveries happen at T-N day from the end of the quarter, with N being somewhat proportional to distance from Fremont / delivery complexity.
maybe if you look at the delivery spreadsheet and do a scatter with cities as points and x=distance to Fremont and y average days from end of Q on delivery for that city, you can get a better estimator? And become a hero?
And if you don’t, you still had fun :)

Reactions: lozza
There's a new 7 seat SR Y on the Tesla site listed as existing inventory. Still available as of typing this. Listed at $45.9k:
2 actually for $45.9k, other a blue 5 seater with a tow hitch.

Last edited:
There's a new 7 seat SR Y on the Tesla site listed as existing inventory. Still available as of typing this. Listed at $45.9k:
Too bad I need AWD!

There has been a lot less ping-ponging in my estimated date. Still holding out hope that I can receive it before I go out of town.

For anyone here that may have a similar issue, my SA said that if it comes while I'm out of town, they can only hold it at the store for a week. If I can't return by then, he will overnight the paperwork for me to sign, and after I send it back they will deliver it to my house. I have trusted neighbors that can let them into the garage. Of course this only works because I live less than 30 minutes from the Tesla store.

And the 7 seater is gone.
Probably should have posted this in the SR Y-7 wait thread. Oops.

Ordered 3/21. VIN assigned yesterday (4/26), estimated delivery next 1-3 days.

MY7LR, pearl white, black interior, 19", 7 seat, no tow, autopilot. Los Angeles.

Good luck everyone.
Took delivery today. Did the "checklist" and everything looks good, no obvious flaws noted. Had 25 miles on the odometer.

Only issue now - my phone app still doesn't show that the car is delivered, so I can't use it yet... I am told this is common? Hopefully they'll update it on their end soon. For now, gotta stick with the keycards...

Delivery today, and everything looks great! Some small gaps on the hatch that my husband might want them to take a look at, but I think they are likely fine so we'll have to debate that out. I'm still stunned at how simple the process was (other than the torture of the wait). We were in and out at pick up in less than 30 min.

So excited to have my very first new car!

MY7LR / White:Black / Tow / 19" / No FSD
Ordered 2/20/21
VIN 4/26
Delivery 5/1

Reactions: flyingcasual
Emailed my SA yesterday and he replied today. "At this time no VIN has been assigned to your Tesla account. We are hoping to have some additional information in the coming weeks." So no estimated delivery dates for the last week, and my SA isn't expecting anything for a couple of weeks at least.

That'll put it at least 8 weeks from order to VIN if it's really that long.

Jeez-ordered on 2/18 and picked up my RED/19"/FSD today. Rear left door is misaligned. Not really happy about having to come back for it-pretty arogant on Tesla's part. Other than that car looks great but I must say if it wasn't for the joy-kill of waiting and arrogance on Tesla's part-it would be a great experience.
Additionally-found 2 plastic covers popped off the rear seat rails-I put them back but seriously. How much time and how can I send any quality issues to Tesla. We were sort of rushed out of the dealership and told: oh well it is what you see so if you have only one issue-thats what is being reported.

Attachments

• IMG_6248.jpeg
    IMG_6248.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited: