Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a photo...left is matrix. Look for the round projector bulb on outer side of the headlight.
Or you can do the light show and if it spells out TESLA at the end it is matrixView attachment 855616
Thank you for pointing that out. I finally took delivery last Monday September 19th. The headlights are bright when driving at night. My voltage in the socket is 15.4 so I guess I have the lithium battery. The wipers responded correctly in the rain so I was happy about that. The delivery experience could have been a little better and I'm still getting used to my vehicle.

Attachments

• Tesla Headlights IMG_9019.JPG
    Tesla Headlights IMG_9019.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 81
Ordered on 11/2021
Pick up date today 9/25
Fremont build with matrix lights and wood trim

White, 7 seaters, 19” wheels, tow hitch

Paint blemishes and some chips
Uneven frunk (one side bigger gap and sits flush, other side is super tight gap and sits underneath the panel next to it) but functional
All doors functional but many uneven gaps
Uneven tail lights and trunk
3rd seat has dent / creases and left over sticky residue
2nd tilt function broken
AC blows warm
Wireless charger non functional
Car center console kept shutting down to black screen and turning back on randonly

I didn’t get through half my check list before I rejected it.
can you please share your checklist?

can you please share your checklist?
I used the following two checklists:

Additionally, make sure all functions work that are specific to the 7 seater:
Seat warmers in 3rd row
Usb C works in 3rd row
3rd row folds up and down properly and flush
2nd sliding, recline, AND tilt functions function properly on both sides of the 2nd row. The 5 seater Y only has recline function. My tilt function did not work. I spoke with another family at Tesla receiving their own 7 seater and their tilt function also did not work and they rejected delivery last week. They came back yesterday and their new one STILL did not tilt properly.

Reactions: t-mo and sk45
This escalated quickly. I just got VIN this morning, and now they texted me asking me to schedule for delivery, or it will be transferred to another customer. When I ordered I chose to pick up at the SC since it's only around 20 mins away. However, they are asking me to schedule for home delivery, and they only gave me one time slot this Thursday. What the heck. I have a small drive way, and small road in front of the house, will they have trouble dropping off the car?
Also what happen if something is wrong with the car? This is so unexpected. I guess they are pushing for end of Q3.
When should I pay them though if it's cash. This is confusing. From the way from the text, it's just tentative delivery schedule and not confirmed.

This escalated quickly. I just got VIN this morning, and now they texted me asking me to schedule for delivery, or it will be transferred to another customer. When I ordered I chose to pick up at the SC since it's only around 20 mins away. However, they are asking me to schedule for home delivery, and they only gave me one time slot this Thursday. What the heck. I have a small drive way, and small road in front of the house, will they have trouble dropping off the car?
Also what happen if something is wrong with the car? This is so unexpected. I guess they are pushing for end of Q3.
When should I pay them though if it's cash. This is confusing. From the way from the text, it's just tentative delivery schedule and not confirmed.
Tesla told me they only accept bank transfer and cashiers check if paying in cash. When the time comes, you can link your checking account inside the Tesla app via the Plaid financial system (basically it’ll open your bank login or app and ask you to authorize the linking). Afterwards it’s just a few taps in the Tesla app to send the funds.

Alternatively, you should get a full payoff quote from your sales rep and get a cashiers check from your bank for that amount.

Regarding home delivery, it depends on your frame of mind. If you’re willing to take any car and have potential issues fixed afterwards you shouldn’t have any problems. There is a 100 mile / 24 hour (or 72 hour) courtesy period that you should clarify with your sales rep after you accept delivery. Note all defects and tesla should take care of you. Personally, I’d be okay with minor defects that could be fixed via one service visit or several mobile visits. If there are obvious defects that meant I’d be out of a car for multiple days, I would reject it. Because of this I opted for pickup at the tesla site. You should be able to tell your rep you don’t want to do delivery if that’s the case. I personally wouldn’t pay until I’ve seen the car in person and I’m happy with it but I’ve had friends pay sight unseen and had tesla fix their cars afterwards and they were eventually happy with it.

Reactions: weekenddays
Tesla told me they only accept bank transfer and cashiers check if paying in cash. When the time comes, you can link your checking account inside the Tesla app via the Plaid financial system (basically it’ll open your bank login or app and ask you to authorize the linking). Afterwards it’s just a few taps in the Tesla app to send the funds.

Alternatively, you should get a full payoff quote from your sales rep and get a cashiers check from your bank for that amount.

Regarding home delivery, it depends on your frame of mind. If you’re willing to take any car and have potential issues fixed afterwards you shouldn’t have any problems. There is a 100 mile / 24 hour (or 72 hour) courtesy period that you should clarify with your sales rep after you accept delivery. Note all defects and tesla should take care of you. Personally, I’d be okay with minor defects that could be fixed via one service visit or several mobile visits. If there are obvious defects that meant I’d be out of a car for multiple days, I would reject it. Because of this I opted for pickup at the tesla site. You should be able to tell your rep you don’t want to do delivery if that’s the case. I personally wouldn’t pay until I’ve seen the car in person and I’m happy with it but I’ve had friends pay sight unseen and had tesla fix their cars afterwards and they were eventually happy with it.
Thanks for the detail information. I need to think how I should proceed with this, I have read so many problems with delivery/new car.

When should I pay them though if it's cash. This is confusing. From the way from the text, it's just tentative delivery schedule and not m

My tentative delivery was pushed early so be prepared

I picked up the car today. It's crazy. Got VIN yesterday morning, and I told them I'll pick it up on Thursday instead of home delivery. Today I got a text saying that the car is on site now, and if I want to pick it up today because it will get very busy in the next few days. It was actually very busy when I got there, and the SA said they already done a bunch of home delivery.
Car looks quite flawless. There are only a few panel gap issues, but not very noticeable unless looking closely. Car has been washed and very clean, not a single scratch that I can find with my naked eyes. 5 miles on the odometer. I got matrix light, new door trim panel, 1 yr premium connectivity, charge adapter, and $200 store credit.
The SA walked me around the car and the app. He also said to check everything in & out before driving the car out.
He mentioned that even after you hit accept delivery, you can still reject the car as long as you don't drive it off the lot.

Reactions: Pharaoh83
OD 10/21. VIN assigned 14th Sep but I was out of the country. Tesla gave the VIN to someone else and put my order on hold. Sent me an email that if I dont release the hold by Oct 3rd , they will cancel my order. I removed the hold on 25th Sep, got my VIN in 10 mins. Only option given to me was for Tesla to deliver the car to my home even though I am just 3 miles from their center- only one slot on 27th Sep. They dropped off the car in someone elses parking spot and messaged the car's there. When I went out there was no one there, just the car, paperwork, and the card key inside. Inspected and all seems okay, will do more tomorrow as it was nearly dark when they dropped the car. Weird experience.

I'm super happy for all of you getting your cars! I'm getting a little jealous though haha. I got a VIN last Tuesday and it appears to be real this time. But according to my SA it still hasn't shipped from the factory yet, meanwhile a lot of you are scheduling delivery soon after getting your VIN. Come on Tesla, stop teasing me 😭

Reactions: MODEVIL and Xanadoo
I'm starting to get impatient seeing all these deliveries. Placed my order on 10/23/2021 with a May 2022 EDD. This has since been pushed back repeatedly. My most recent EDD was a 35 day window from 10/6 to 11/5, but I just got a new EDD window of 11/8 to 12/13. I get that some of the people who ordered later than me and taken delivery might be closer to the factories (I'm in MN), but the constant delays are getting to me. Already called Tesla twice over the past 3 months, and they said they would "put in a note." Clearly that hasn't done anything. I wanted to trade in my Model 3, but with the timing, I'll likely have to repay the tab renewal on that vehicle right before trading it in.

Anyways, thanks for hearing me vent.