Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I'll be hanging out here for a while! Placed an order on Tuesday, current EDD is October - January.

Configuration: MSM/Black Interior, 7 seats, tow package, gemini wheels, no FSD

Wife got rid of her minivan last year for a CPO Mercedes GLE 350, which she just is not a fan of after having driven it for a year - and with the current and likely increasing prices on premium fuel - we rarely even drive it. She misses having having the 3rd row for when we need to cart around kids friends, and definitely wanted something we can bring our bikes up to the bike trails on.

I presently have a 2021 Model 3 LR, and our original discussion was to trade that in for this Y and have that become our primary family car and get something relatively inexpensive and good on gas to replace the Mercedes...but I'm leaning towards just becoming a dual Tesla household. We have quite some time to figure that one out though.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be hanging out here for a while! Placed an order on Tuesday, current EDD is October - January.

Configuration: MSM/Black Interior, 7 seats, tow package, gemini wheels, no FSD

Wife got rid of her minivan last year for a CPO Mercedes GLE 350, which she just is not a fan of after having driven it for a year - and with the current and likely increasing prices on premium fuel - we rarely even drive it. She misses having having the 3rd row for when we need to cart around kids friends, and definitely wanted something we can bring our bikes up to the bike trails on.

I presently have a 2021 Model 3 LR, and our original discussion was to trade that in for this Y and have that become our primary family car and get something relatively inexpensive and good on gas to replace the Mercedes...but I'm leaning towards just becoming a dual Tesla household. We have quite some time to figure that one out though.
Based on the current timelines, be prepared to wait until December at the very least.

Based on the current timelines, be prepared to wait until December at the very least.
I've got no problem with that at all. If we were to get it by end of year, that would be great - as we could avoid paying KY taxes/registration on it in 2023 (if you own a car on January 1st, you owe taxes/registration for the entire year), but as long as we make a move before August of 2023, we are in good shape overall. My wife purchased a $4000 extended warranty from MB that is fully refundable up to the date it takes effect, which is the date the original manufacturer warranty + certified preowned warranty end, which for us is August 31st, 2023.

We honestly ordered not knowing fully what we want to do. She absolutely loves driving my Model 3, and figured with how frequently prices have been going up, we'd just put down $250 on the config she would like to lock in the current pricing. I actually tried to talk her into that about a month ago before the most recent price increase, it just took until this week for her to say ok, let's do it. Absolute worst case is that we decide we don't want a second Tesla and are out $250...I've done worse.

Reactions: Mitchellstarc
Does anyone know if 7 seater config play any role in faster or slower delivery compared to 5 seat LR ? Or is it just another upgrade option just like hitch or rim ?
I learned in this forum that MYP brings the delivery date forward. just wondering for 7 seat config... Thx everyone in advance

Does anyone know if 7 seater config play any role in faster or slower delivery compared to 5 seat LR ? Or is it just another upgrade option just like hitch or rim ?
I learned in this forum that MYP brings the delivery date forward. just wondering for 7 seat config... Thx everyone in advance
Typically 7 seater is a longer wait than a 5 seater. I am sure if you look at the Teslike spreadsheet it may be able to back this up. Wiki - Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet