Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't you think the people that have been waiting in line forever that you are intentionally trying to cut in front of are tired of waiting also? People like you are the problem with society.
Sorta agree with this, but I like the experiment.

It's not cutting in line if the rules say you can do it. And right now, it appears that you can "bribe" Tesla with 10-12k to get your car quicker. I really believe Shanghai shutdown is killing their quarterly profit and so the only solution is to Prioritize FSD. This will allow them to show that although their total car production is down, their profit per car is WAY up. Shareholders love that.

It's like the "fast pass" at Disney. You're essentially "bribing" Disney to let you "cut in line".

Last edited:
Reactions: fishy21
Don't you think the people that have been waiting in line forever that you are intentionally trying to cut in front of are tired of waiting also? People like you are the problem with society.
The system may suck, but don't get mad at the people taking advantage of it. Get mad at Tesla for still allowing it and not closing the loophole completely.

They are doing what Tesla wants people to do, which is pay more and boost the profit margin they are so proud of. The people that use the car pool lane the problem with society too? The continued excuses for Tesla getting the behavior they promote and encouraged then blaming the person is misplaced anger/frustration.

People who ordered after me, but getting their cars before me is what’s wrong with Tesla.

I’ve been waiting forever and I am tired of waiting.
Going to test drive an etron this afternoon. I have less range concerns after spending the last 8 months getting better educated. An etron with ventilated seats, adaptive suspension, etc. Price after the 7.5k federal tax credit is comparable to the Y plus the bribe. There are a couple etrons in the area, and one that has everything I'd want due in the end of June, so don't have to wait indefinitely while they continously solicit bribes and bump me. I'm guessing whatever is in front of me first will win out.

Reactions: WhiteWi and fishy21
My situation has changed so I’m not in urgent need for a car, but I also don’t like being screwed around.

I really like the e-tron. You get so much for the price you pay and it feels like a luxury car. The only reason I’m sticking with Tesla is the 7 seater, and price. My patience is wearing thin, and if they keep screwing me, I might just sell the Tesla and get an e-tron.

My situation has changed so I’m not in urgent need for a car, but I also don’t like being screwed around.

Reactions: CV-MY
Going to test drive an etron this afternoon. I have less range concerns after spending the last 8 months getting better educated. An etron with ventilated seats, adaptive suspension, etc. Price after the 7.5k federal tax credit is comparable to the Y plus the bribe. There are a couple etrons in the area, and one that has everything I'd want due in the end of June, so don't have to wait indefinitely while they continously solicit bribes and bump me. I'm guessing whatever is in front of me first will win out.
Let me know your thoughts after the test drive.

I really like the e-tron. You get so much for the price you pay and it feels like a luxury car. The only reason I’m sticking with Tesla is the 7 seater, and price. My patience is wearing thin, and if they keep screwing me, I might just sell the Tesla and get an e-tron.

Things have changed for me, too, alittle. I didn't have a hard constraint time wise when I placed the order back in early Aug, 8 months later I'm 10,000 miles closer to an unplanned expense for the current car (turbos on my 535), and planned expenses like brakes and new set of tires by the end of the summer. The usefulness of the Y's 3rd row is time limited too, as kids grow, so I anticipated after a couple years it wouldn't get much use. Since my Y order, I placed a pre-march 1st order for a R1S, that will become the 7 seater from the usefulness perspective (unless something else comes along in the next couple years) over the Y. I anticipated reassessing the need for Y then for something anyway, based on market, our satisfaction with it, family situation, etc.

While I would prefer the MYLR7 at my Aug price over a base etron based on where we are as a family, if it's going to take another 10k to get a car I'm going to put the extra 10k into useful things like the ventilated seats and adaptive suspension instead of a bribe for vaper-ware. I understand if Tesla was having legitimate supply issues pushing orders as a whole to the right, but it pretty obvious it's all about the margin and my patience for their intelligently dishonest practice of basically forcing people into adding FSD and playing us the whole time is wearing thin. I'm not convinced tesla's behavior suddenly changes after delivery... want an appointment for something... sorry we have to cancel your appointment from 2 months ago because a FSD showed up yesterday.

Last edited:
Things have changed for me, too, alittle. I didn't have a hard constraint time wise when I placed the order back in early Aug, 8 months later I'm 10,000 miles closer to an unplanned expense for the current car (turbos on my 535), and planned expenses like brakes and new set of tires by the end of the summer. The usefulness of the Y's 3rd row is time limited too, as kids grow, so I anticipated after a couple years it wouldn't get much use. Since my Y order, I placed a pre-march 1st order for a R1S, that will become the 7 seater from the usefulness perspective (unless something else comes along in the next couple years) over the Y. I anticipated reassessing the need for Y then for something anyway, based on market, our satisfaction with it, family situation, etc.

While I would prefer the MYLR7 at my Aug price over a base etron based on where we are as a family, if it's going to take another 10k to get a car I'm going to put the extra 10k into useful things like the ventilated seats and adaptive suspension instead of a bribe for vaper-ware. I understand if Tesla was having legitimate supply issues pushing orders as a whole to the right, but it pretty obvious it's all about the margin and my patience for their intelligently dishonest practice of basically forcing people into adding FSD and playing us the whole time is wearing thin. I'm not convinced tesla's behavior suddenly changes after delivery... want an appointment for something... sorry we have to cancel your appointment from 2 months ago because a FSD showed up yesterday.
Is there a way to like this multiple times?

I looked at the R1S as well. But right now, it’s late 2023 delivery, so over a year wait. So that doesn’t work either.
Since I plan to replace both cars between now and 2024, and the R1S would replace the second one (JGC) if I end up getting it, I have time there and know it so it doesn't bother me to wait and see how the entire vehicle market, rivian included, evolves. It's my other car that is supposed to be replaced sooner than later, supposedly by the MYLR7, that is one moderate unplanned expense (or cost avoiding a planned one) from blowing up the whole plan, hahaha

Reactions: fishy21
Sorta agree with this, but I like the experiment.

It's not cutting in line if the rules say you can do it. And right now, it appears that you can "bribe" Tesla with 10-12k to get your car quicker. I really believe Shanghai shutdown is killing their quarterly profit and so the only solution is to Prioritize FSD. This will allow them to show that although their total car production is down, their profit per car is WAY up. Shareholders love that.

It's like the "fast pass" at Disney. You're essentially "bribing" Disney to let you "cut in line".
They can’t use FSD money until they deliver complete product. So your theory doesn’t work.