Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just wondering about the same thing might happen to us. Our delivery window is July 25 to Aug 22. Of course, this has been changed many times. So, there is a possibility that the delivery window can be pushed further even when we are close or even within!
I figured I would be pushed back but was hopeful because Tesla called on 7/8 to say I would “have a VIN in one week, car in 2-3”.

Haven't heard of 7 seat Austin build.
My understanding of the articles I've seen is that Austin-builds are exclusively the shorter/standard range that's only recently become available for purchase. Therefore, no one will receive one of those unless they JUST ordered now AND order the SR version. I assume right now these are all those models we saw stockpiled in their parking lots in all those drone videos.

Yes, it would be great and make so much sense if they used the additional capacity to clear out the backlog of orders for folks like me approaching 9+ months waiting...but that's not how Tesla does things. They choose to make thousands of cars no one has ordered.

My understanding of the articles I've seen is that Austin-builds are exclusively the shorter/standard range that's only recently become available for purchase. Therefore, no one will receive one of those unless they JUST ordered now AND order the SR version. I assume right now these are all those models we saw stockpiled in their parking lots in all those drone videos.

Yes, it would be great and make so much sense if they used the additional capacity to clear out the backlog of orders for folks like me approaching 9+ months waiting...but that's not how Tesla does things. They choose to make thousands of cars no one has ordered.
LR’s are staring to come out of Austin.

But the SR, or whatever they call it is a joke. “Would you like to buy a car, which is inferior to the car that you ordered, but pay the same price?”

They started producing LR’s at Austin with the 2170 batteries

Reactions: Aviateur17
They started producing LR’s at Austin with the 2170 batteries
I did finally find an article with those details. (Well, some confirmed and some simply assumed, like the 2170 batteries because Elon doesn't think he needs PR people to answer questions from press.)

That's promising news, even if not for me with a 7-seater, haha. Maybe they turn it up in Austin, taking some pressure off Fremont and allowing them to make more 7's? As expected, I was 2 days into a 2-week window when it got pushed back (again) a week (and narrowed to 10-days, oddly).

I did finally find an article with those details. (Well, some confirmed and some simply assumed, like the 2170 batteries because Elon doesn't think he needs PR people to answer questions from press.)

That's promising news, even if not for me with a 7-seater, haha. Maybe they turn it up in Austin, taking some pressure off Fremont and allowing them to make more 7's? As expected, I was 2 days into a 2-week window when it got pushed back (again) a week (and narrowed to 10-days, oddly).
Yeah hopefully Austin frees up Fremont to make 7 seaters. Just looking at the recent VINs in this thread seems like they started making batches.