Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today, scheduled for delivery 07/28

OD/PC: 01/03/22
MYLR7, white, black interior, 19 wheels, tow pkg, no FSD

Got a couple of push back from 7/14 to 7/22 to 7/26, with shrinking windows every time. Finally got the text message today VIN NF507.
Wow congrats, wonder how you got your car so quick.
There’s still Oct/Nov/Dec orders waiting.

Got VIN'd from source code, F506 and EDD is Aug 7 - 11! Also App tells "Model Y set your phone as a key". As my current financing expires Aug 10, so texted SA and they set the tentative schedule Aug 8!
Screenshot_20220725-091119_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering about the two week window. For those that have had a 2 week window, how many times has it changed after that for you?
Probably like 6 times now. I just went from 10 day window to 2 week window. First two week window was back in June 2022, it's now almost August 2022. I would keep track of all of the changes but my signature is limited to certain number of characters and otherwise I'm not that interested.

Reactions: Gingerturtle
Got my VIN today, scheduled for delivery 07/28

OD/PC: 01/03/22
MYLR7, white, black interior, 19 wheels, tow pkg, no FSD

Got a couple of push back from 7/14 to 7/22 to 7/26, with shrinking windows every time. Finally got the text message today VIN NF507.

Glad you got your order. But yes as others have said, why do we have November 2nd order such as mine and others with even earlier orders still waiting? I have a white interior, otherwise the same build.

One thing I don't get is why Tesla gives estimates with exact days of the month, but then shifts the months all over the place. If they don't have an accurate estimate they should just give a big window, such as Q3, or 2022 second half, etc until the time comes they are more certain of delivery. Then they can update to the month, then update to the week and then send out a VIN.

I'm fine with Tesla having broad delivery estimates, but then give us a broad delivery window. Don't give us a precise estimate date and then broadly move it all over the place.

Also this idea of making a huge quarter push every 3 months for so many of their deliveries is ridiculous. Tesla is not low on cash, failing loan covenants, or in danger of bankruptcy, etc. I have a finance degree and CPA. Tesla should just focus on making good cars every week and fulfilling their huge backlog of orders. Long term they should work to increase capacity. Their profit margins are huge and financial performance long term will ultimately succeed more without this end of quarter emphasis.

I love many things about Tesla, the simplicity of ordering online without a dealership, the consistency of few models with little annual updates, etc. Its just very frustrating as a consumer and fan of the product that they could make some of these small improvements with little or no cost to greatly increase the customer satisfaction experience.

These various VINs being assigned. It's interesting. They seem to be ordered after me (January or December for instance). Some have Tow package, some dont. Some are blue like mine, some have black interior,etc. So it doesn't seem to be a parts issue at the moment. Are 20" wheels now on back order?

In other words, maybe TOW package is out for a bit, then tow is back in-stock, but 7 seater parts are now out, but then maybe 7 seats come back in, but no 20" wheels available. then maybe all are available, but they're not running Blue color at the moment. They go back to Blue later, but then at least one of those parts are missing again.

is it that maybe?

Reactions: Sat1428mylr
These various VINs being assigned. It's interesting. They seem to be ordered after me (January or December for instance). Some have Tow package, some dont. Some are blue like mine, some have black interior,etc. So it doesn't seem to be a parts issue at the moment. Are 20" wheels now on back order?

In other words, maybe TOW package is out for a bit, then tow is back in-stock, but 7 seater parts are now out, but then maybe 7 seats come back in, but no 20" wheels available. then maybe all are available, but they're not running Blue color at the moment. They go back to Blue later, but then at least one of those parts are missing again.

is it that maybe?
Don't think so, I've seen people with my exact configuration who ordered 2 months after me get their VIN. It just seems like there isn't really a "place in line"