Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the SC have any insights usually?
They mean well, but no, having gone from 2/28/22 delivery date to still not being delivered, I think they are sick of me and I call or show up 1 x per month, last time they pulled up there computer and said I should have a VIN in the last week of July, but after that fell thru they are back to just referring to the dates listed on the app, and state those are estimated dates, and main thing that matters is getting VIN

Ok added FSD to my order. Hopefully I get a VIN soon. Probably will remove it but if I can't whatever at least at $10k I save a few bucks off current prices.
Good luck! My MYLR 7 seater EDD was originally Mar. 2022 when I ordered it back in Oct. I lost patience after my last EDD was updated to Sep. - Oct. So I added FSD last Thursday. I removed the FSD after I got the VIN yesterday and delivery is scheduled next Monday. No issues. I guess the remove FSD trick still works.

Good luck! My MYLR 7 seater EDD was originally Mar. 2022 when I ordered it back in Oct. I lost patience after my last EDD was updated to Sep. - Oct. So I added FSD last Thursday. I removed the FSD after I got the VIN yesterday and delivery is scheduled next Monday. No issues. I guess the remove FSD trick still works.
Hmmm. Thinking I have to do this. Will wait to see if I’m bumped again.

Good to know @WhiteWi whining to to his SA did nothing.

So Todd and Tyler at the service center said they could do nothing and give me no actual information. The conversation was all about Global Supply Parts Shortage, lots of orders, what you're experiencing is pretty common, and there's nothing we can do about it. Amazing that a company that has the most talented software developers can't write software that will tell you when your car will be built.

So..was reading this today that Manchin and Dems reached a new deal which includes tax credits for electric cars being restored. Nothing is inked yet, but hoping this goes through. If someone has more details around how these credits will be applied- retroactively / current please do share.

First time posting...hi! I am nervous about adding FSD and getting stuck with it. I will be curious if people have a similar experience with EAP. I would even be willing to keep it if my car got delivered before the end of summer. My family has a need for the third row so I can't just switch to the MYP - I hate that this game of premium priority is a thing, but if that is the game Tesla is going to play then I feel like I have to at least entertain the idea of playing along.

MYLR / MSM / 19" wheels / black interior / 7 seater / tow / OD 1/6/22 / EDD Aug 20-Oct 1

First time posting...hi! I am nervous about adding FSD and getting stuck with it. I will be curious if people have a similar experience with EAP. I would even be willing to keep it if my car got delivered before the end of summer. My family has a need for the third row so I can't just switch to the MYP - I hate that this game of premium priority is a thing, but if that is the game Tesla is going to play then I feel like I have to at least entertain the idea of playing along.

MYLR / MSM / 19" wheels / black interior / 7 seater / tow / OD 1/6/22 / EDD Aug 20-Oct 1
I'm not sure that premium priority is a thing. I added many extras to my build and I am at 9 months of waiting. Even added FSD like a month ago and still waiting.

So..was reading this today that Manchin and Dems reached a new deal which includes tax credits for electric cars being restored. Nothing is inked yet, but hoping this goes through. If someone has more details around how these credits will be applied- retroactively / current please do share.

There is at least 1 Reddit thread (in r/electricvehicles) on this, likely others, but my advice is to not think about it until the law is passed and signed. Even in that thread, people claim it's retroactive and others say it's not. (My semi-professional quick read: It's not, goes into effect after 12-31-2022.) Because reading legislation is hard and takes time. Whatever it is, it's likely to either be retroactive for this year or start Jan 1, 2023 so waiting a few weeks for more expert opinions doesn't hurt.

The clearest parts I can tell are reduction of the credit to $3750 and elimination of the max vehicle cap for manufacturers. There are also income caps and MSRP caps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xanadoo
I'm not sure that premium priority is a thing. I added many extras to my build and I am at 9 months of waiting. Even added FSD like a month ago and still waiting.
It seems like changing from long range to performance gets you bumped to the front of the line. Several people in this thread have mentioned adding FSD and getting their VIN shortly after, but it doesn't seem widespread.

It seems like changing from long range to performance gets you bumped to the front of the line. Several people in this thread have mentioned adding FSD and getting their VIN shortly after, but it doesn't seem widespread.
Yes, and I told that exactly to the ppl at the service center after they started spouting global supply shortage regarding delays and of course they downplayed it saying that there is just such a large demand for the MYLR. If that was the only motivation Tesla would make less performance and more MYLR. I'm thinking that each time my EDD changes I go into the SC and bug them. How can a company that lands rockets and reuses them not give an accurate prediction for delivery dates? I know the two companies are not the same but their workforce is of equal talent.

Reactions: Sat1428mylr
How can a company that lands rockets and reuses them not give an accurate prediction for delivery dates?
It's not that they can't. It's that they DON'T WANT TO. In my memory (I got my first in 2014) , Tesla has never made any decisions with a customer service focus. Right now, they have more orders than they can handle for the foreseeable future and their focus is on stock price and profitability. Everything else is secondary.

Yes, and I told that exactly to the ppl at the service center after they started spouting global supply shortage regarding delays and of course they downplayed it saying that there is just such a large demand for the MYLR. If that was the only motivation Tesla would make less performance and more MYLR. I'm thinking that each time my EDD changes I go into the SC and bug them. How can a company that lands rockets and reuses them not give an accurate prediction for delivery dates? I know the two companies are not the same but their workforce is of equal talent.
Not making excuses for Tesla's poor customer service, but SpaceX is not Tesla, they just share a CEO.