Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this article: Fremont Tesla Model Y Gets New Door Panels, Matrix Headlights on Long Range - TeslaNorth.com

I guess the interior part is false or maybe off by a few numbers... Is that xx or xxx on your VIN?

Article says "Fremont-made Model Y Long Range units have gained matrix LED headlights, according to u/sudowork on their Model Y with late VIN 516xxx."

When more people pickup delivery towards the end of the month like me. We can get a confirmation if the interior and headlights are upgraded or not.
The article is wrong. I am F517 with delivery yesterday. No new headlights or interior trim.

So who knows. It’s random it seems.

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17
Ed updated
OD : 21 April 22
1st EDD : 22 Oct to Jan 22
2nd EDD : 20 Nov to 15 Jan.
3rd EDD : Jan 23 to Apr 23 updated on 23 Jun 2022.

4th EDD: December 02 - January 27 on 1st July
5th EDD : Jan 05 to March 2 on 28th July 2022
6th EDD. : Dec 05 to Jan 30 on 12 Aug 2022
7th EDD: Dec 09 to Jan 20 on 18 August

MYLR 7 Seater Red color No FSD with no any other upgrade.

Do you get emails when it's updated or are you just checking your app?
Updates are on the app most of the time. I get text messages too occasionally like trade ins, When the car is done and leaving to its delivery location. \

I just checked my app and my EDD has now moved from 8/20-09/03 last week to today 8/24-8/27. So Im figuring my car has made it to its delivery location or very close to it and its just ready for its final touch up. So I hope to get a scheduling date any day now.

I am so close to joining you on the FSD train! Tomorrow is my 1st day of my EDD window (again 🙄) and I feel like I am getting pushed out by another week.
I get the feeling that if you don't have your VIN prior to the 2 week window you are almost guaranteed to be pushed. My reasoning is that 2 weeks is not enough time to manufacture the car, ship the car (to Canada), prep, then schedule a delivery window.

Just a guess though.

Good luck!

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
I get the feeling that if you don't have your VIN prior to the 2 week window you are almost guaranteed to be pushed. My reasoning is that 2 weeks is not enough time to manufacture the car, ship the car (to Canada), prep, then schedule a delivery window.

Just a guess though.

Good luck!
Correct, if you're in a two week window you will be pushed and then during some later time a VIN will be assigned. The VIN assignment should be most likely assigned when you're outside of a two week window. That was my experience.

Got excited I was going to get a VIN soon as Tesla reached out about trade-in and I was getting closer to the EDD. I entered in trade in info yesterday to get an idea of what they were offering and today my EDD was pushed back..... Cancelled my trade in on my profile. Hoping I'll get a VIN this time.

MYLR7 19"wheels White Ext/Blk Int, tow, no FSD
OD 1/12/22

EDD timeline:
8/22/22: 9/8-9/22
8/16/22: 8/29-9/9
8/3/22: 8/25-9/22
8/1/22: 8/18-9/22
6/27/22: 8/18-9/22
6/10/22: 8/15-9/26
6/2/22: 7/12-8/23
5/4/22: 7/12-8/23
4/8/22: 7/13-8/23
3/17/22: 5/24-6/21
1/24/22 : 5/24-6/21

Reactions: Hopeqing
Got excited I was going to get a VIN soon as Tesla reached out about trade-in and I was getting closer to the EDD. I entered in trade in info yesterday to get an idea of what they were offering and today my EDD was pushed back..... Cancelled my trade in on my profile. Hoping I'll get a VIN this time.
Yep, I got a text trade message middle of June and a call trade in middle of July and VIN wasn't until middle of August. Don't get too excited.

Finally decided to join in on the waiting game. Here are the details of my 7 seater on order:

MYLR7
Blue / Black
19" wheels
no Tow or FSD added

OD: 04/09/22
First EDD: Oct-Dec17th
EDDs: Too many to count but was expecting it next year TBH
Today's EDD: Oct 13-Nov 17
Trading in the Model 3
Financing thru my credit union

Honestly not holding my breath as I did this already with the Model 3 lol. Honestly I only check on this one when I accidentally swipe it in the app.

I will say that my friend ordered in Oct and just took delivery less than 10 days ago.

Reactions: cdub

Just a guess though.

Good luck!
Yup! I think so too. But until I get that new EDD I feel like I can’t complain 😂🤣
So I have to wait till tomorrow to see what kind of EDD they give me. Then I will add FSD and see what happens…

Question for you guys as I wanna take Delivery in ‘23 January and current EDD is 10/10-11/14.

What is the best way to ensure I can get deprioritized? Should I change my car back to a five seater in sept/oct to see if I can get my EDD pushed back, then change to a 7 seater again?

Im in CA so Austin builds won’t affect me.

Question for you guys as I wanna take Delivery in ‘23 January and current EDD is 10/10-11/14.

What is the best way to ensure I can get deprioritized? Should I change my car back to a five seater in sept/oct to see if I can get my EDD pushed back, then change to a 7 seater again?

Im in CA so Austin builds won’t affect me.
Orders with no options added have a 3-4 month later EDD than orders with one or more option. So I think your best chance is to change the order to one of the free colors (MSM or white), 5 seats, black interior, 19" wheels, no tow, no EAP, no FSD.

Orders with no options added have a 3-4 month later EDD than orders with one or more option. So I think your best chance is to change the order to one of the free colors (MSM or white), 5 seats, black interior, 19" wheels, no tow, no EAP, no FSD.
I have found living in rural Midwest is quite the delay advantage as well. Set your delivery for Council Bluffs, Iowa and that will surely put you into ‘23. 😂