Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just wanted to share my experience with the 7 seats. we've had ours for a year now. we took delivery aug 2021. my wife wanted the 3rd row and i wanted the performance. guess who won. anyways, in the year we had it, the plan is for our youngest son to sit there whenever my parents come along for a trip. we've used it once for a vegas trip and my son hated sitting back there. there are no vents and although he's short (9 years old), he isn't comfortable.

prior to EVs/Tesla, we looked at toyota highlander and honda pilot because of the 3rd row. we ended up with a mini van. we owned a sienna then an odyssey. we opted for the mini van because the space in the 3rd row from the highlander and pilot was not that big. the model y is no different.

i tried it out before buying it. i sat back there. i'm 5'5". i sat in the passenger side 3rd row. technically, i can fit. the issue i have is the foot room. the rails of the seat in front of me is narrower than the driver side seat because it's 60/40 split. in order for my feet to fit in between the rails, they would have to be sort of on top of each other which is uncomfortable/tight fit. i've seen many youtube videos about "i am over 10 feet tall and i can fit just fine back here" but no one mentions that part. now i didn't pay too much attention since my 9 year old will mostly be back there and i'm always driving. but he doesn't like it.

hopefully you all have checked it out in person and pay attention to not only leg room but feet room as well. we're trading our teslas for MYP and MXLR soon. i just wanted to share feedback. i hope you all get your cars soon. they are great.
The third row is for crosstown trips to a restaurant or theater when you only want to take one car. That’s what it’s for…20 min quick trips

Reactions: t-mo
I changed location to a higher volume location near Minneapolis and the generic months EDD of Dec-Mar shifted to a 6 week specific date range pegged around year end. Interesting timing given the tax credit, I guess there are positives to counter balance further delays.

View attachment 842275
Just another update on progress since shifting away from nearby Iowa service center.
EDD about 10 days ago: “Dec-Mar”
EDD about 8 days ago Dec 11 - Jan 22
EDD Current: Sept 11-25
Glad I made the switch (realizing there will be delays).

Attachments

• 387DEA0F-B1F6-41DF-83A4-100600093264.jpeg
    387DEA0F-B1F6-41DF-83A4-100600093264.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 83
Picked up car today. No big issues. Small misalignment in the frunk that isn't big enough for me to make any issue of and the rear passenger tail light sticks out about 1/8 inch which I don't really care about either. Biggest issue was smudge on ceiling material on drivers side front - see below. 3rd row seats had seat belt marks embedded which I think will go away.

4 miles on the odometer, had the rear chrome license plate trim and the mobile connector with the J1772 plug as well. Front license plate holder was in the trunk and had front mud flaps with PPF just in front of rear wheels. Had the white door trim and not sure about the headlights.

Love that blue! Congrats on your car.

Reactions: Aviateur17
Yes, Dec/Jan to Sept 11-25. It just seems like I saw quite a few different MYLR7 deliveries in that window. I wonder with Austin MYLR5 coming on line to an improved capacity frees up Fremont to squeeze out more 7 seaters…? Probably just wishful thinking but it’s possible.
I'm wondering the same thing. Mine went from Feb/March '23 to Oct 13-Nov 17th. We shall see I guess if this really sticks lol

I scheduled my delivery for Sept 8th Maplewood, MN. I talked to an SA there and he said all new Model Y's are being built with the matrix headlights and the new door trim as of last week some time. The birth date for my car was August 22nd. I got my VIN F535 on August 23rd and today got a notice that my card had left the Fremont facility and was headed my way. My EDD window when I received my VIN was Sept 1 -11. After my VIN it changed to Sept 5 - 9. I am currently on the fence with PPF frontal and ceramic. This is the first new car I have purchased and I plan to keep it 12 to 15 years as I have done with several other cars. It seems like Fremont is cranking out the MYLR7's right now.

Do you guys think the sudden and massive changes on EDD is due to people cancelling their orders for EV tax credit? Some are changing from 7 to 5 seat hoping to delay the delivery, but that may not be feasible for all since I heard changing order means you are subject to the current pricing.

Do you guys think the sudden and massive changes on EDD is due to people cancelling their orders for EV tax credit? Some are changing from 7 to 5 seat hoping to delay the delivery, but that may not be feasible for all since I heard changing order means you are subject to the current pricing.
No I don't. My MYLR7 just came out of the Fremont factory as did many other Y7s. I think they are cranking out the Y7s from Fremont right now and the Y5s from Austin.