Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No matrix headlights. No USS. Old cameras. The steering wheel is misaligned tilted right. The rear second row seat button that opens to access the third row is not working. Having a very hard time parking it in my tight garage without USS. It's miserable tbh for a 65k car.

Not a happy camper. Scheduled a service appointment.
I thought my 2nd row buttons werent working as well then I realized you need to press the button and push the seats forward hard as they are pretty heavy. My wife wasn't impressed that it didn't have USS nor 360 camera that her much cheaper CX9 has.

Reactions: EVDeepDive
I thought my 2nd row buttons werent working as well then I realized you need to press the button and push the seats forward hard as they are pretty heavy. My wife wasn't impressed that it didn't have USS nor 360 camera that her much cheaper CX9 has.

The passenger side single seat works fine. When you push the button you hear the "electric mechanism" releasing. On the driver side, there is no electric activity at all. It's just dead.

USS isn't needed, you just need the software update that allows the cameras to do the same thing. Latest fw comes in a week or two after delivery fw.

They should not release a car without standard functionality already working. As fast as I know, no one actually knows when park assist will be back for cars without USS.

Until then, I had to buy a sensor in my garage to help me park and not wrek my brand new car front.

They should not release a car without standard functionality already working. As fast as I know, no one actually knows when park assist will be back for cars without USS.

Until then, I had to buy a sensor in my garage to help me park and not wrek my brand new car front.
I think the firmware is released, you just don't get it at delivery. The delivery firmware is always different than the actual mainline firmware (don't ask me why that is). Look up teslascope or teslafi for release notes.

I've been stuck with EDD of "December" for several weeks now, not wanting to miss out on the Dec discount I went and changed my color Blue/white to MSM/black and sure enough with in 20 hours I got a Vin assigned and a text asking me to setup delivery date, earliest was a week from now 12/18. I'm hoping it's not a car someone rejected due to issues.

I've been stuck with EDD of "December" for several weeks now, not wanting to miss out on the Dec discount I went and changed my color Blue/white to MSM/black and sure enough with in 20 hours I got a Vin assigned and a text asking me to setup delivery date, earliest was a week from now 12/18. I'm hoping it's not a car someone rejected due to issues.

All cars have issues. Just a fact of life with Tesla. It's just a matter of "how egregious" these issues are.

View attachment 883631

This will be my last update to the spreadsheet. Sorry, but with my delivery date assigned... it's kind of not worth the effort anymore. If anyone else would like to pick up where I've left off, you can find the spreadsheet here.

There's also the Teslike spreadsheet, although it does not have the same level of detail (no delivery milestones).

@singlestack I'm happy to take this over for you. I've got a Feb 22 reservation and I'm still waiting for delivery. So happy to take over it for the time being to pass the baton. :)

Updated the spreadsheet with info added this weekend from:
@fonger
@shank15217
@yobigd20

If anyone else has any updates, please send them in and I'll continue to keep tracking. Hopefully they'll be more movement or texts going out this week! 🤞

Attachments

• Tesla-MY7-Delivery-Milestones-12:12.png
    Tesla-MY7-Delivery-Milestones-12:12.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 113
Updated the spreadsheet with info added this weekend from:
@fonger
@shank15217
@yobigd20

If anyone else has any updates, please send them in and I'll continue to keep tracking. Hopefully they'll be more movement or texts going out this week! 🤞
Thanks for taking over with the update, one minor correction, my delivery date is 12/18, I think you had it as 1/18 on the chart. Thanks!

Reactions: tommyboy21
Well, i got a text message from Tesla today saying i could take delivery next week if i gave up the 7 seater option. Thats a no-go for me. Thats the major reason why i switched from a Model S to a Model Y. Can't give that up or it'd defeat the whole point. What is holding up the 7 seater configs?