Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered ours (7-Seat / MSM/Black / 19", no tow) in May. Offered in Nov and Dec...was able to put on hold as was out of country. Removed hold Jan 8th. Was given EDD of Jan 19-Feb 2. On Jan 20th EDD shifted to Jan 22-Feb 5 (and SA told me it was schedule to arrive at Seattle SC on Jan 30th). Last night (1/25) EDD shifted to Feb 1-15. Trying to get more insight into true delivery date. Raaather annoying that it is shifting later multiple times. And a bit surprising that this is taking time, as I assumed our order was at the top of the stack, as it was placed in May. Interesting that your new orders have EDDs near term. The 7-Seaters that are showing up on New Inventory around the country are almost exclusively white seats. I wonder if there is a shortage of Black 7-Seaters.

QUESTION: If we change the config (e.g. move to 5-seat), do we keep our place in line?
You are placed in line once you remove the hold, so in your case it's Jan 8th, original order date matter very little here. I ordered in Aug and removed hold on Dec 21st, EDD is now Jan 30 to Feb 15. Considering we're in the same geographic region I think it's pretty safe to say a bunch of 7 seaters will arrive in WA during the first 2 weeks of Feb. Exact date is anyone's guess.
If you change your config to 5 seater you may get it sooner.

You are placed in line once you remove the hold, so in your case it's Jan 8th, original order date matter very little here. I ordered in Aug and removed hold on Dec 21st, EDD is now Jan 30 to Feb 15. Considering we're in the same geographic region I think it's pretty safe to say a bunch of 7 seaters will arrive in WA during the first 2 weeks of Feb. Exact date is anyone's guess.
If you change your config to 5 seater you may get it sooner.
Maybe that has changed but it was certainly not the case in the past. Original order date meant everything. People switching from MYLR to MYP jumped ahead of all MYP orders placed after their original MYLR date.

Because of the excess supply in Nov/Dec I'd think there are very few people with unfilled orders like yourself. You probably did go to front of the line as there haven't really been many 7 seaters delivered in Jan yet.

You were one day behind me until today. I would think you'll get a VIN soon. My order is identical except the interior.
Congrats on the VIN! That's great to hear...have a road trip coming up March 22nd - hoping to have prior to that...had a Blue 2021 MY but was rear ended last October and they totaled it out...can't wait to be back in a Y! The M3 we have is SR+ and is great for my wife and city commutes, but I drive a ton for work and less charging is preferred :)

Finally, picked up our 7 seat on Sat Jan 28th. Blue/White, Tow, 19", Basic AP. VIN PF642 (Jan '23 build) equipped with Matrix headlights and absolutely flawless fit and finish!!!

OD: 3/20/2022 - Numerous EDDs VIN: 01/9/2023 Original order price adjusted 01/13/2023
Congrats...a long time coming!! But your wait paid off with the new price.
Probably you had a much higher chance of good build quality for a Jan 9th build when demand was slowing before the craziness after the price increase.

Reactions: Tedsplace30
Finally, picked up our 7 seat on Sat Jan 28th. Blue/White, Tow, 19", Basic AP. VIN PF642 (Jan '23 build) equipped with Matrix headlights and absolutely flawless fit and finish!!!

OD: 3/20/2022 - Numerous EDDs VIN: 01/9/2023 Original order price adjusted 01/13/2023
Woah that wait time...here I am anxious over placing an order on 1/12. Super glad the product met your expectations on 1st shot.

Reactions: Tedsplace30
Probably you had a much higher chance of good build quality for a Jan 9th build when demand was slowing before the craziness after the price increase.
I think you're onto something. Things tend to get sloppy toward the end of a quarter as opposed to the beginning. This wasn't our first rodeo as we picked up our 2018 Model 3P in October of 2018 and it's build was Sept 2018. Night and day difference between the 3 and Y. But then again, 2017s/18s were notorious for quality issues. I swear, we looked at the panels from various angles/lighting, inspected the paint thoroughly, eyeballed the panel gaps and found nothing. Even the interior was perfect.

Woah that wait time...here I am anxious over placing an order on 1/12. Super glad the product met your expectations on 1st shot.
I know, wait was crazy but had no control over that just went with the flow. Last year was definitely a roller coaster and its come to an end. I think most if not all 7 seats ordered early this month will make their way to owners before March 31st. Not sure about later orders as the Tesla store on Saturday was legit overflowing with prospective buyers. Took us 2.5 hours to get out of there, partly my fault cause I became an instant sales advisor for Tesla helped one couple out with a ton of questions. Another couple wanted to ditch their Ford Mach E due to poor charging infrastructure but weren't sure about the reliability of the Tesla supercharging network. I helped sell two cars that day no commision lol!!

• Funny
Reactions: mshort_utk
OD:1/16
EDD: March2-March 31
Car: 7 seater, MSM, 19 inch
Colorado

Newbie question. how do you get a SA assigned. I ordered it online myself.

Also it has been assigned for a location which is about 40 miles from my place. i have a showroom closer to my house which has just reopened after fires. Is it it possible whenever the delivery is ready to get it reassigned to this dealership which is closer

Newbie question. how do you get a SA assigned. I ordered it online myself.

Also it has been assigned for a location which is about 40 miles from my place. i have a showroom closer to my house which has just reopened after fires. Is it it possible whenever the delivery is ready to get it reassigned to this dealership which is closer
You don't get a SA assigned but have the 510 area code number to txt whomever is on the other end to assist with things. If you need to change delivery locations after completing your account profile you can email the location you currently have for delivery and request the change. You can get the store email from this link Tesla store locator and contact info