Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting the 7 as I have 4 kids as well. I currently have a 2012 Signature S with jump seats, but my two younger ones don't love sitting back there most of the time.

I almost bought a used '16 S with jump seats, But my 3 y.o at time was bawling when I put her in there. Also worried about safety/hot back there w/o AC vents in AZ. Too bad TSLA discontinued rather than fixing the AC issue.

I'm hoping Y 3rd row won't have that issue. Also daughter is 7 now about 4ft. my mom is 5 ft tall so I hope they'll be comfy for quick trips.

I'm also watching used X prices that're dropping like a stone to lower than this new Y. but for early models and falcon wings (which my wife hates since she almost got hit by one, and one that failed during test drive!)

I almost bought a used '16 S with jump seats, But my 3 y.o at time was bawling when I put her in there. Also worried about safety/hot back there w/o AC vents in AZ. Too bad TSLA discontinued rather than fixing the AC issue.

I'm hoping Y 3rd row won't have that issue. Also daughter is 7 now about 4ft. my mom is 5 ft tall so I hope they'll be comfy for quick trips.

I'm also watching used X prices that're dropping like a stone to lower than this new Y. but for early models and falcon wings (which my wife hates since she almost got hit by one, and one that failed during test drive!)
5'1" wife fits comfortably in 3rd row

20160605_135729 (1).jpg20160605_135825.jpg
Yes. The lack of ventilation for the jump seats can be an issue. Not to sidetrack the thread, but I built this console with fans based on some ideas from this forum several years back. It does a good job of keeping them comfortable in both the hot and cold. Arizona may be more of challenge for it, but it has worked on travel to the Southeast. Some mention that the lack of vents for the third row in the Y may potentially be an issue. I ordered the Y sunshade for the hatch which I have found helpful for reducing heat in the S.

Does a Feb 2nd week 7 seater (default options) stand a chance for end of March delivery? Trying to make sense of scenario (have other arrangements to make if we can/cannot get rebate/car). Thanks
Definitely hard to know for sure as there are many factors in the production timeline. Here is my present estimated timeline as one example:

MYLR Red / Black / Gemini / 7 Seat / Tow hitch
OD: 1/29
Profile Completion: 1/29
EDD: April 13- May 25
VIN not assigned

I also thought my kids would like the jump seats more than they did. We drove from NY to Seattle via Jasper National Park this summer in the Y (two adults, four kids) and it worked great. No complaints about the heat like there was in the jump seats.

View attachment 905210View attachment 905206
Yes. The lack of ventilation for the jump seats can be an issue. Not to sidetrack the thread, but I built this console with fans based on some ideas from this forum several years back. It does a good job of keeping them comfortable in both the hot and cold. Arizona may be more of challenge for it, but it has worked on travel to the Southeast. Some mention that the lack of vents for the third row in the Y may potentially be an issue. I ordered the Y sunshade for the hatch which I have found helpful for reducing heat in the S.
GTK. I thought the 3 row Y had vents. we might have to make something similar. I think front facing will make a difference.

Used X just got more desirable.

do you mind sharing your location?
he's in Orlando. doesn't show up on mobile site but what I do is click on the person's profile name and it shows there.

Model Y Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Seven Seat Interior

OD: 1/13 0735 EDT
EDD 1: 1/13 FEB-APR
EDD 2: 1/14 FEB23-MAR30
VIN ASSIGNED 2/9
EDD 3: 2/9 12FEB-19FEB
very nice. hopefully will get an updated EDD myself some time soon. good to see they are starting to give out 7 seater vins.

Reactions: PickleRick1216