Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/14
VIN - 2/8
MY 7 Seat White with white interior tow
Georgia
EDD - 2/14 - March
Vin 2/7 Fremont built
Ready for pickup 2/10

Schedule to pickup next week. Need to sell my car to Carmax...
I am on a similar timeline to you and I just sold my truck to CARMAX yesterday.

Model Y Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Seven Seat Interior

OD: 1/13 0735 EDT
EDD 1: 1/13 FEB-APR
EDD 2: 1/14 FEB23-MAR30
VIN ASSIGNED 2/9 1606 EDT
EDD 3: 2/9 12FEB-19FEB
Delivery Window Offered 2/9 1606 EDT: TUE14FEB-16FEB
Delivery scheduled 2/10/23: morning WED 15FEB
2020 Toyota Tacoma Sold to Carmax 2/10/22
Tower loan "approved" afternoon 2/10

2020 Toyota Tacoma Sold to Carmax 2/10/22 for $38,600, Tesla offered trade in value $32,800, Toyota dealership offered $35,000, Caravana offered $37020. Obviously went with CARMAX due to the highest offer. I was skeptical that they would honor their quote but I walked out of there after 3 hours with a check for $38,600 (minus my remaining financing payments). Granted it only had 9,100 miles on it and my wife and kids didn't ride in it much so it was very clean and like new.
-Interestingly enough a brand new 2023 Toyota Tacoma with similar upgrades is currently priced at $42,700 and I sold my Tacoma for $100 less than I bought it for 2.5 years ago :cool:

Couple of points to consider for you folks who will have a short notification of VIN to delivery time window.

- If you trade in a vehicle to a third party and get a check to deposit to cover your down payment via cashiers check most banks won't give out a cashiers check until the funds have settled for 5-7 business days. My plan was to deposit my CARMAX check yesterday and get a cashiers check for delivery day but I won't have enough time for the funds to settle. I messaged my SA and she said I could just do an ACH transfer via PLAID while at the delivery appointment WED morning.
- It has been noted in previous threads but the VIN notification unlocks several key milestones needed for car delivery. I was pretty aggressive and immediately messaged my SA for the MVPA with the VIN and financing details and she sent it to me within a couple hours. I was also able to update my insurance coverage with the new VIN via the USAA app. The annoying part was the POA with notary but I was able to go to the UPS store and get that completed for a $10 fee. Once I got those I uploaded them to the Tower site to complete my loan application.
- The MVPA, insurance and POA was the last step for Tower financing. For those of you that are still trying to coordinate with Tower if you call the member services number after you are finished uploading all documents and you are willing to be patient (I was on hold for 54 minutes yesterday) they can give you the name and 4 digit extension of your loan officer. I was able to talk to my loan officer while I was waiting at CARMAX and I was able to nudge him to look at my application and get it approved yesterday.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck to everyone!

1676135093056.jpeg

White/Black 7 Seats - no additional options
Fremont build
Matrix LED headlights

OD: 1/13 12:30am PT
EDD 1: 1/30-2/27
EDD 2: 2/11-3/11
VIN ASSIGNED: 2/8
ESTIMATED DELIVERY WINDOW: N/A
SCHEDULE PICKUP WINDOW: 2/8-2/13
PICKED UP: 2/10

Got a text about vin assignment followed by a text immediately saying to schedule my pick up date.

View attachment 906137
White/Black 7 Seats - no additional options
Fremont build
Matrix LED headlights

OD: 1/13 12:30am PT
EDD 1: 1/30-2/27
EDD 2: 2/11-3/11
VIN ASSIGNED: 2/8
ESTIMATED DELIVERY WINDOW: N/A
SCHEDULE PICKUP WINDOW: 2/8-2/13
PICKED UP: 2/10

Got a text about vin assignment followed by a text immediately saying to schedule my pick up date.
Congrats! Same config but order placed 1/14. No VIN for me yet. That's exciting to hear you got the matrix headlights as well

Reactions: mshort_utk
Picked up today (need to change my picture at some point). I thought I would be sad about giving up my model 3, but once I saw my new model Y I forgot all about it. The car was in excellent condition, there's one minor panel fit issue but honestly I don't think I would have noticed if this forum didn't condition me to look for that sort of thing.

I do find it strange that my car is showing reduced regenerative braking at around 80% and it hasn't changed after several drives of about 20 minutes. I never saw that message on my Model 3 unless it was really cold or I charged it up all the way. Read somewhere else that the battery is probably cold soaked even though it's only about 40 out here. I'm sure it sat for a long time in the cold before being charged for me this morning. We'll see what happens after I schedule it for departure on Monday morning.

The biggest difference in the delivery experience for my model Y was that now with the reduced prices the service center was mobbed with people. Back in June when I bought the 3 there was barely anyone in there, this time there were at least 20 people in the show room and I saw at least four others taking delivery at the same time.

Reactions: mshort_utk