Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today (need to change my picture at some point). I thought I would be sad about giving up my model 3, but once I saw my new model Y I forgot all about it. The car was in excellent condition, there's one minor panel fit issue but honestly I don't think I would have noticed if this forum didn't condition me to look for that sort of thing.

I do find it strange that my car is showing reduced regenerative braking at around 80% and it hasn't changed after several drives of about 20 minutes. I never saw that message on my Model 3 unless it was really cold or I charged it up all the way. Read somewhere else that the battery is probably cold soaked even though it's only about 40 out here. I'm sure it sat for a long time in the cold before being charged for me this morning. We'll see what happens after I schedule it for departure on Monday morning.

The biggest difference in the delivery experience for my model Y was that now with the reduced prices the service center was mobbed with people. Back in June when I bought the 3 there was barely anyone in there, this time there were at least 20 people in the show room and I saw at least four others taking delivery at the same time.
any recommended accessories for 7 seater?
i was not sure about the trunk mat. and other small things.

Reactions: vishnumrao
Would go with the 3D Mats USA for best asthetic and perfect fit. They are velcro free so they won't fray your carpet. Would also go with some hub cap covers if you're getting the gemini wheels. Here is some stuff I got:

I got the Tuxmats for the floor mats after seeing them in person on another Model Y. I'm really happy with them and the price seems very reasonable. Plus they came in packaging that can be turned into cardboard cars for your kids to play with. Genius.

I also got this for the rear cargo area on the recommendation of someone else in this thread. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

My least favorite part about the car is the gemini wheel covers. They look better in person than online but they don't match the aesthetics of the car in my opinion. I was debating painting them black, as I've seen other people do on here, but I ended up ordering these wheel covers that look just like the geminis, but are black and cover the rim to prevent against curb rash. Haven't received them yet but they seem well reviewed and a good price.

Reactions: sirismile
Best way to protect or cover up curb rash?
You can get Rim Savers and install them. This seems to be the cheapest way without buying different wheel covers. Though I wonder if installing Rim Savers would make it difficult to get the wheel covers off. You can also just get aftermarket wheel covers that cover the whole wheel. Like I just mentioned I bought these that look exactly like the gemini wheel covers, but are black and cover the whole wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh