Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the ones who worries about battery requirement impact on tax credit, I would say no worries for MY.
Besides the possibility of IRS to delay the guidance, the MY BATTERY will fully qualify for IRA's requirement based on my study of it.
First half is major battery component made in north America, as Panasonic 2170 are made in Gifa factory 1 and battery pack also assembled there, so it's safe for it to bypass the 50% value increased in NA.
ANOTHER half is battery major material sourced from free trade countris of US. Most people believe this is unsure for MY battery. However, if you read the IRS white paper last Dec, you will know how the GOV is trying to lower the std for more car dealers to qualify! It treat major material source by 50% increase value happens either in mining country OR processing country! Just consider Li in the battery, MY battery Li is mined from Australia which is US free trade partner, then it can safety pass 40% threshold!

Credit go to
(It however a Chinese video but it contains all support doc for my summary)
MY will still qualify for full tax credit after March!

I love this...Thank you for all your work on this. Here is where I am:

MYLR Seven-Seater, White/Black, std 19inch wheels
  • Order Date: 1/15/2023 evening (1/16/2023O 'Order placed with electronically accepted terms in agreement')
  • Orig Estimated Delivery Date was: Feb - April
  • EDD Updated 1/18/23 to current: Feb 25 - Mar 31
  • No VIN yet
I saw 20 7-seater vin assignments last wk (2/5-11), peaked on Wednesday 2/8 with 7, first half 2/5-7: 6 vins; 2nd half 2/9-11: 7 vins

I only see 2 so far this wk and it's Wednesday today not sure if that means something.

I saw 20 7-seater vin assignments last wk (2/5-11), peaked on Wednesday 2/8 with 7, first half 2/5-7: 6 vins; 2nd half 2/9-11: 7 vins

I only see 2 so far this wk and it's Wednesday today not sure if that means something.
Do you track this against some known population of users who have been posting routine updates? Obviously it's difficult to get any type of statistical significance from forums.

In your analysis what has been the time from updated EDD with a 2 week delivery window to VIN assignment?

I know of 3 people including myself on this thread that got updated EDD this week narrowed down to a 2 week window. Just trying to estimate when my VIN will be assigned.

In your analysis what has been the time from updated EDD with a 2 week delivery window to VIN assignment?

I know of 3 people including myself on this thread that got updated EDD this week narrowed down to a 2 week window. Just trying to estimate when my VIN will be assigned.
so I posted this on reddit on 1/31 earlier but according to SA not to my stats
- if your EDD window is one wk, most likely you'll get your vin soon (in her words: at least, you'll get VIN in that window)
- if your EDD window is two wk, most likely you'll get pushed a little bit
- if your EDD window is one-month, most like you'll get pushed "much further" (her words)

we've also see EDDs like 10-day, more than a month (like 5 wks), I dont know what that means.

back to my data, no, there's no obvious patterns of receiving vin. I've seen people with 5-wk edd receiving vin.

Thanks. Any idea how many days for delivery after they finish assigning VIN. I am trying to finalize some travel plans. I don't want to miss or reschedule delivery and also perhaps use the new vehicle if gets delivered early enough. Hence the question.
That I wouldn't want to estimate. Not sure of all the factors but definitely the distance of your pickup location from the factory the car was built at as well as quantity of orders and trucks going to the same place.

Thanks. Any idea how many days for delivery after they finish assigning VIN. I am trying to finalize some travel plans. I don't want to miss or reschedule delivery and also perhaps use the new vehicle if gets delivered early enough. Hence the question.
not really, I saw couple instances where people got assigned vin early but got pushed back on edd (without receiving any msg to schedule delivery).

I am also planning a trip and got stuck by this tbh. I was advised by SA to get an authorized person to accept the delivery which is not something I wanna do since Tesla QC has been bad right? :0

so I posted this on reddit on 1/31 earlier but according to SA not to my stats
- if your EDD window is one wk, most likely you'll get your vin soon (in her words: at least, you'll get VIN in that window)
- if your EDD window is two wk, most likely you'll get pushed a little bit
- if your EDD window is one-month, most like you'll get pushed "much further" (her words)

we've also see EDDs like 10-day, more than a month (like 5 wks), I dont know what that means.

back to my data, no, there's no obvious patterns of receiving vin. I've seen people with 5-wk edd receiving vin.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It appears I am in bucket #2 above as I now have a 2 week window of 02/20-03/06. I was originally in a 5week window but got an update on 02/14. Fingers crossed that I do not get pushed.

As for my travel plans, I guess I will finalize after 02/21. Push or stay on schedule, it will at least help me make a decision.

That I wouldn't want to estimate. Not sure of all the factors but definitely the distance of your pickup location from the factory the car was built at as well as quantity of orders and trucks going to the same place.

Speaking of delivery, does the MY need to be picked up from the service center or do they do home delivery?

Given that I am only 2 hours from the Fremont factory, I will gladly pick up from there.

Reactions: BelugaWhale

not really, I saw couple instances where people got assigned vin early but got pushed back on edd (without receiving any msg to schedule delivery).

I am also planning a trip and got stuck by this tbh. I was advised by SA to get an authorized person to accept the delivery which is not something I wanna do since Tesla QC has been bad right? :0
I had a one month EDD of 2/15-3/15. I got my Vin on 2/07. I got my delivery date on Valentine's Day (love you, too Elon). Delivery was scheduled for 24 Feb. Unfortunately, I have travel plans for the delivery date that I can't change. The SA pushed it out to 28 Feb, but also said they couldn't push it out any further. I didn't challenge that because the date works for me.

The SA then volunteered that my car would get to Austin on the 21st and wouldn't be available before the 24th in the afternoon when explaining my options. At one point the SA mentioned an authorized receiver, but that didn't seem like a viable alternative. I might be able to train my daughter on what to look for, but she's never really listened to me, I don't know why she should start now😁

Reactions: ansons
I feel bad for some of yal. Black MYLR7 white interior stock wheels.

ordered date 1/23 (at night)
Est. Delivery March 9-31

(updated on 2-14) Est. Delivery February 25- March 25
(updated on 2-15) Est. Delivery February 21 - March 2, Vin Received [Fremont build]
(updated on 2-16) Scheduled a delivery February 20