Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it means:
83% of the ones ordered on 1/13 with white seat have vin
47% of the ones ordered on 1/13 with black seats have vin

Didn’t say which of those groups was bigger and both will *hopefully* get to 100% (so out of 200% if you want to add them). Just based on ansons unscientific collection of data, but it is the biggest such data set I’ve heard of, so not nothing.
Since you asked. It WAS 19 (black) vs 6 (white). it's 20 vs 6 now.

And your right data is too small and is absolutely not telling the true story 100% ;). but I think in general at the moment white is indeed moving faster than black. overall for orders placed after 1/12 (again only record orders I saw) white is 72% (22) and black is 36% (65). most of these white-int order placed before 1/16 have been filled (vin'd).

having this said, in the past two wks, they vin'd 19 (12black + 7white) and 12 (7+5) orders. based on the fact that black order is three times of white but the vin speed is less than double or around the same we definitely are going to see slow delivery speed for black int orders.

I cross-referenced the crowdsourced google sheets earlier last wk and also had the same conclusion. data are very similar while my data set is bigger than the crowdsourced one.

Last edited:
My new estimate is us 3/1-3/30 folks will see a Vin on 2/24 or so.

The waiting is killer for sure. Ruining the long weekend!
I sure hope you are right that we will get an update at least by 02/24.

There was an earlier prediction by another member 3-4 pages back that there should be a VIN update on 02/21. If I recall correctly he got that from a service center that a 7 seater build will complete on 02/20 -02/21.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting to the point where I don't want a vin. Unless they pull off some miracle. Like many other people (and perhaps it's Spring Break) I won't be available. I will be out of town end of this month for over a week. Even worse, I will be on a cruise ship; so I'm having nightmares of roaming the decks looking for a good wifi signal to see if they texted me and then having to deal with the consequences of being out of town. This vacation was booked well before suddenly Elon decided to have massive price cuts LoL. This is all Murphy's law. It seems like I've hit the threshold that if I receive a VIN tomorrow it will be scheduled for delivery while I'm gone. It has taken so long waiting for the 7 seater, I shutter to think what my wait will be when I get back on the delivery schedule.

Murphy's law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time." ;)
Source: Murphy's law - Wikipedia

Update: got a VIN!

Fremont Build, EDD 3/10-3-/17

An odd thing happened when I opened the app tonight. It made me go to the Tesla website and purposely hit "continue with delivery" on a disclosure re: the removal of USS. After that, I saw the new EDD and vin.

OD 1/14
MSM / Black / 20" / EAP
1/15: EDD 2/27-3/31
2/20: EDD 3/10-3/17
congrats!

both 7-seater vins today are msm; both 7s yesterday were white; what next? :)

MYLR7, White/black, 19" Gemini.
No additional options.

OD: 1/13, 3:51pm Est.

Michigan.

EDD1: Feb 15 - March 22.

EDD2: Feb 20 - March 20.

EDD3 (Feb 21): March 2 - March 30.

VIN not assigned.

On Feb 17th, I got the message from Tesla saying that the VIN will be assigned in next 2 weeks. I thought I might get a VIN assigned this week. Looks like that's not happening.

damn I just got another 4-day push-back.

btw, I dont know why only me got 4-day pushback every time. I saw people got like daily pushbacks. but I got 4-days pushback"s".
it's my turn now. just got vin this morning around 7am pt.
MYLR7/white/black/gemini/tow, Seattle WA
Ordered 1/12 around 11pm, confirmation on 1/13 1am
EDDs: 2/4 - 3/4, 2/12-3/2, 2/16-3/2, (2/16) 2/20-3/6, (2/20) 2/24-3/4
VIN: 2/21, EDD remains the same so I guess they updated EDD before VIN?

MYLR7, White/black, 19" Gemini.
No additional options.

OD: 1/13, 3:51pm Est.

Michigan.

EDD1: Feb 15 - March 22.

EDD2: Feb 20 - March 20.

EDD3 (Feb 21): March 2 - March 30.

VIN not assigned.

On Feb 17th, I got the message from Tesla saying that the VIN will be assigned in next 2 weeks. I thought I might get a VIN assigned this week. Looks like that's not happening.
You seems to be the closest to time line options and distance.
MYLR7 with 19”

OD:1/14 2:13pm
EDD1:2/25-3/31
EDD2:3/4-3/31