Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No - and not a silly question! I am picking up my 3rd Tesla next Friday and I've never gotten that text from an SA for any of them. But a lot of people do for some reason...who knows. I didn't get anything from an SA - I got the text that my VIN had been assigned, then 8 days later got a text saying it was time to schedule my delivery. Nothing from an SA at all throughout this current order.
Thank you, this was really very helpful

Reactions: GoGators!
3? You're hoarding them haha
Ha! Well this 3rd one is not by choice...we have a 2020 Model 3 that is my wife's primary vehicle, and I bought a Y in 2021 but I got rear-ended (and pushed into the car in front of me and partially into the lane next to me where I was smashed into by an identical Model Y to mine - his was totaled as well) in October of last year and they deemed it a total loss...thankfully it was not my fault and insurance gave me almost $6,000 more than I paid for it when it was new so I came out ok...thus the order of this one, my 3rd Tesla.

Where I did lose out was on interest rate...I bought the now totaled Model Y in September of 2021 and had a 1.24% interest rate...not so much with this new one unfortunately...

R.I.P. Electra 😢

PXL_20221027_213421213.jpg
PXL_20221027_213342733.jpg

Didn’t get a vin or an updated window. I did get a text to remind me I can trade in my current car and fill out the details in the app.
So i was dropping off my Model S for service and i asked the SA if her could see any information that I couldn't. He said according to the the internal estimate my car is expected for delivery on March 21st. So i guess we will see

I got my “Great News” text stating that I will get my VIN assigned in couple of weeks. Guessing all legacy 7 seater “bookers” are slowly getting their cars. Who knew adding 2 extra seats in a car would be a 2 month plus job 😀
Congrats, but I don't know how much clearer proof we could have that Tesla is not following 1st come 1st serve. On 1/13 I have ordered Blue Black, 7 seater but 19" wheels with no tow. Not a word from Tesla. Only got the extended delivery like you did. 3/3-3/31

Part of me thinks its because they pool cars together for area of delivery and that might effect it.

But don't feel bad for me LoL because I'm getting ready to go on Spring break next week and can't take delivery anyway. But their system is screwed up to say the least. LoL o_O

There’s still time between now and vehicle delivery for Tesla to screw something up, so I will believe when I get the car in hand. I have seen people with Feb OD get their 7 seater so am with you 100% that their process is screwed up. Hope you get good news on your car soon
On a related note, I'm renting a model 3 during spring break. LoL I did this with Hertz last December and it worked out well. So time to get my Tesla fix on. LoL

Reactions: ghostrider78
Congrats, but I don't know how much clearer proof we could have that Tesla is not following 1st come 1st serve. On 1/13 I have ordered Blue Black, 7 seater but 19" wheels with no tow. Not a word from Tesla. Only got the extended delivery like you did. 3/3-3/31

Part of me thinks its because they pool cars together for area of delivery and that might effect it.

But don't feel bad for me LoL because I'm getting ready to go on Spring break next week and can't take delivery anyway. But their system is screwed up to say the least. LoL o_O
I agree to a certain extent, but thinking logistically, they can't just build every car on demand in order that the orders are placed...I think you are right...they have to ship them all over the country so I imagine they do group them by area then by order date based on what color or trim the factory is building at the time. Thinking about the logistics of shipping cars all over the country must be hugely challenging.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating though when you see people get their cars so quickly when you ordered way before them...

I think they can do a better job of communicating first and foremost, for the past 50 odd days there has been nothing and it’s just left to the consumers imagination as to what could be fueling these delays in random orders. Even have a better approach to maybe check with people who have ordered earlier on an available VIN that pops up because someone cancelled. Most consumers may accept a trade off on options for a faster delivery rather than let the general field have a first crack at the pie. Tesla can be a trend setter if they solve their customer experience as well during the buying process

I wonder what the rate of canceling is too. And when do people cancel? There’s no monetary reason to cancel before the last minute. I’m guessing there is a significant amount of matching going on for people to cars that others have canceled after it started getting built/delivered. This only adds to the logistics nightmare and conception that people are being “skipped”. Consider this: If 2 people order the same car a few weeks apart in the same delivery location and the car is delivered there and canceled while it is on the way, Tesla is going to give it to the next person at that location that ordered one like it. They aren’t going to ship it across the country again to the person who technically ordered that build next. Then we hear, “OD Feb. 3rd, picking up tomorrow” and we’re like “wtf, that was my OD 1/20 car!” No it was some idiot’s car who ordered on 1/13 and canceled on 2/22 after they got their vin and started the delivery. Feb. 3rd guy/gal just lucked out to have ordered the same thing from the same place as the OD 1/13 jamocha who canceled.

Also explains some of the vin and immediate delivery vs. vin weeks before delivery inconsistency. And that some people who paid $2000 seem to get theirs first.

I’m not talking about rejected deliveries for qc, i’m talking about brand new perfectly good cars that people cancel because they realize they can’t afford it, didn’t really want, ordered a second one, or for any other of 1000 reasons.

Just spitballing an explanation. I am secretly also going nuts waiting as my EDD started today (25 Feb - 31 Mar) without an update since Jan. 18 (OD 1/15). I’ve resolved that Mar. 14 is the midpoint and I likely won’t get it until then and won’t get a vin until close to then.

Anyone in PA with a vin who ordered a W/B/7/19” before me, feel free to cancel now and we can test my theory 🤣😂

Reactions: GoGators!
Most consumers may accept a trade off on options for a faster delivery
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I would gladly pay a little more for blue (instead of white) or a hitch if I got my car this week instead of late next month, as long as the rest of my price stayed the same. Would be nice to add one or two “alternate configs I would accept sooner”

Even my grocery store lets me pick backup options in case they don’t have an item I ordered.