Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what I’ve been receiving via text too, but it did not happen and they pushed the EDD.
My order date was 1/13 and my window pushed the day after entering window of 2/21-3/21. So on 2/22 it pushed to 3/3-3/31 with no text until today 2/26 I finally got the text that I should be getting a vin in 1-2 weeks. I have seen people ordered 4 hours earlier than me get their delivery 2 weeks ago. So many variables. I do know that a ton of people ordered on the 13th because while technically the price cuts happened on the 12th many news agencies reported them on the 13th. That's part of the reason why I think Tesla seems to be bogged down on the 13th because of the massive influx of new orders. Who knows, it could get worse as they get into orders after the 13th slowing the process down even more.

Where in upstate are you coming from? Mt Kiscko is about a 5+ hr drive for me (Rochester area). Wife wants me to consider home delivery but after hearing all the issues with build quality has me concerned to take it sight unseen.
Albany area so it's about a 2 hour drive for me. That is a haul but I would probably go pick it up if it were me. Talk up the getting to look at it and the $750 saved. Otherwise, probably not worth dying on that hill if she's anything like my wife hah.

Reactions: gusruck
OD 1/15
MSM/B/20/EAP/7
2/24 got message saying Vin will be assigned in a week or 2 EDD changed to Mar 2 - Mar 30
Just now 2/27- 11:17 EST got message that VIN is assigned PF69XXXX New EDD March 10- Mar 19
Usually when we get a message to schedule delivery do they provide any dates to select or they provide one? I provided my current active insurance on which I do not have Tesla added yet but I uploaded the active policy is that OK?
Any information or education is highly appreciated.

Reactions: fcpain
Congrats!!
What happens if there is something wrong with the vehicle and you have to end up refusing delivery? I know it is very unlikely but it makes me nervous to pay for the vehicle before I get a chance to inspect it. I'm planning to pay at delivery.
I thought about that but was unsure how long it would take to process / transfer funds so paid ahead of time to avoid any issues. It showed as paid instantly btw. The chances of refusing delivery are pretty low based on what I’ve heard from others. Good point, though!

Reactions: GoGators!
OD 1/15
MSM/B/20/EAP/7
2/24 got message saying Vin will be assigned in a week or 2 EDD changed to Mar 2 - Mar 30
Just now 2/27- 11:17 EST got message that VIN is assigned PF69XXXX New EDD March 10- Mar 19
Usually when we get a message to schedule delivery do they provide any dates to select or they provide one? I provided my current active insurance on which I do not have Tesla added yet but I uploaded the active policy is that OK?
Any information or education is highly appreciated.
When you get the message to schedule delivery, it will include a link where you go to Tesla's website and select a date - there will be a 3 day window listed for you to choose from, and when you click each date it will give you the available times on that day. You select the one you want and submit and your delivery is scheduled! Below is what I was presented with when I clicked the link.
I haven't provided insurance yet, but will the day of. I called my insurance company, gave them the VIN, and they added it to my policy effective 3/3, the date of my pickup. They told me it would show up on the insurance card the morning of 3/3 so I plan to upload it first thing in the morning as soon as it is showing on my card. But you can add your current policy card in there now then just change it once you have the actual VIN listed. Some states require you to have the actual vehicle listed on the policy, some only require a picture of your current policy without the new vehicle. Depends on the state you live in.

1677532251797.png