Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe there is a third row seat shortage 🤔
This could be a valid point too. I mean if they started prioritizing 20 inch wheels which was 2k more, they could have done the same for third row seven seater guys. It was actually 4K more than the 5 seater guys. Going by the greed angle MYLR7 should have been an area of focus in Feb. But it could be the shortage of 3 rd row seats or the additonal effort i in installing them vs 20 inch wheels

Reactions: slyderz3
I thought of this too, could very well be. Although, I’d bet their cost of adding 3rd row is closer to what they charge than the ~$200 cost upgrade to 20’s that they charge $2k. It’s a different 2nd row structure and additional third row seats.
Right? There is no way those rims cost 2k more than the 19 inch Gemini's. I agree completely, there is not much profit for the 3rd row in comparison to the 20 inch rims. Notice how all the 269 range Model Y's come with 20's? Definitely trying to get rid of them/increase profit.

I got my text yesterday stating my VIN will arrive within 1-2 weeks. My EDD seems to never change it's 2/28-3/28 still. Red 7 seater no upgrades, OD 1/14 Mt. Kisco.

Out of the waiting room. I did have to accept delivery before the car was unlocked, but was told I could take as long as I wanted and keep a list that they would use for the new build ticket. Also told that anything I found in the next 24 hours would be considered a new build issue as well. We will see. Otherwise delivery was smooth. All paperwork was in so there were no issues. Do check your VIN before you leave. Sometimes, they put the wrong name on the vehicle if there are several configs the same.

Yeah you are right, wasn’t sure why we were blaming MYPs. They are built in Fremont with the 7-seaters, but they aren’t using up our wheels or third row seats. I guess actually all of the AWDs are out of Austin, so we weren’t gonna get those 19” wheels anyway.
Blame on MYP was not for eating up the wheels, but just because they are more expensive so more profit, the greed angle. Their price point resulted in them being prioritized over the MYLR7.

Yeah you are right, wasn’t sure why we were blaming MYPs. They are built in Fremont with the 7-seaters, but they aren’t using up our wheels or third row seats. I guess actually all of the AWDs are out of Austin, so we weren’t gonna get those 19” wheels anyway.
yeah I agree with this. the 19" 279 range is Austin (vs 269 which is fremont, due to the newer 4860 cells)

FYI, There is one with 20” and tow in Kennesaw (30144) right now that can be registered in GA.

Edit- sorry came up on Nashville search, but is actually in GA
yes I did see the 20" 7 seater in Kennesaw but don't really have any desire to pay more for the 20" tires. Will just continue to patiently wait it out at this point. it does seem like there have been other east coast EDDs getting pushed out to similar mid-april to mid-may range unfortunately.

Reactions: slyderz3
yes I did see the 20" 7 seater in Kennesaw but don't really have any desire to pay more for the 20" tires. Will just continue to patiently wait it out at this point. it does seem like there have been other east coast EDDs getting pushed out to similar mid-april to mid-may range unfortunately.
Cool. Yup, certainly no pressure, I’m the same way. Gonna wait for a 19”. Just saw the proximity and build similarity and figured I’d pass it along.

Now if there’s a blue one with or w/o a hitch that needs a home before my EDD, I might see what I can do. 🙂

This could be a valid point too. I mean if they started prioritizing 20 inch wheels which was 2k more, they could have done the same for third row seven seater guys. It was actually 4K more than the 5 seater guys. Going by the greed angle MYLR7 should have been an area of focus in Feb. But it could be the shortage of 3 rd row seats or the additonal effort i in installing them vs 20 inch wheels

I was told that the 7-seater production line is just much much smaller than other 5-seaters so it’s been moving really really slow. i am not sure if 19”also contributes to the slowness but 7-seater is for sure flow.

I dont exactly remember my convo w SA but my guess is that 7-seater is just another regular 5-seater but they occasionally pull some 5-seaters that is approaching finishing line and put third row into it.

Out of the waiting room. I did have to accept delivery before the car was unlocked, but was told I could take as long as I wanted and keep a list that they would use for the new build ticket. Also told that anything I found in the next 24 hours would be considered a new build issue as well. We will see. Otherwise delivery was smooth. All paperwork was in so there were no issues. Do check your VIN before you leave. Sometimes, they put the wrong name on the vehicle if there are several configs the same.
Kinda same here. but i was told that ALL the cosmetic issues (like paint chip) were only acceptable before i leave the delivery center. After i left, there’s no way to fix these “new car issues

Man - sorry to see all these EDD's getting pushed further out...I ordered a Model Y in 2021 and it took 5 months to get - the EDD changed almost daily in what felt like a perpetual cycle...it was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had. Then it came, and I forgot about all of that! :) They always do the big quarter end push so I'm really hoping to see a lot of you that got pushed beyond March to get pulled back in as they try to increase deliveries in Q1! 🤞

And congrats to those of you that just took delivery! Post some pics! My delivery is scheduled for this Friday - can't wait!

EDD Update:

MYLR7, White/black, 19" Gemini.
No additional options.

OD: 1/13, 3:51pm Est.

Michigan.

EDD1: Feb 15 - March 22.

EDD2: Feb 20 - March 20.

EDD3 (Feb 21): March 2 - March 30.

EDD4 (Feb 28): March 6 - March 20

VIN not assigned.

Feb 17th, got the message saying that the VIN will be assigned in next 2 weeks.
Almost on the same page with OD:1/13 Red color with current EDD: 3/4-3/31 NJ

My EDD front end of range got pushed a little but backend got pulled in a lot.
This is after I received the "You will be getting VIN in 1-2 weeks" text last Sunday the 25th.

Blue / black / no tow / 19 / Enhanced Auto pilot / 7 seat
OD: 1/13 3:51PM CST
3rd party bank financing secured and updated on app 1/17
EDD: 2/22 - 3/31
EDD: 2/21 - 3/21 - Updated Feb 5th
EDD: 3/3 - 3/31 - Updated Feb 22nd
EDD 3/6 - 3/20 - Updated Feb 28th
no VIN
MN

Reactions: GoGators!