Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

72A charger no longer shown when 100kWh battery option selected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I noticed today that when the S or X 100kWh battery option is selected on the Tesla website vehicle configuration pages, the 72A onboard charger is no longer shown as "included" at the bottom of the option lists. It was there a few days ago. For some time now the 72A onboard charger came with the 100kWh battery option. I hope it is still available.

There was another thread on this and I commented that I had this working a day or so ago (it wasn't in the options list but was in the item list after configuration).

Now it's in neither. Good grief. Either it's really been dropped or it's bad QA after the recent changes for the 7 seater, as you say.

I know originally it was hard to get the 72amp charger on the MX... it was hidden on the page. And then after it showed up on the page, they raised the price to $1,500. Recently, I used it on my MX at a 100 amp destination charger and it was a life saver. I can't see any compelling reason to drop it, in fact, I hope they should just include it with every car.

Posted in the other thread on this, I got the 72 to show in the list at the bottom again by toggling all my options. Then it showed in the config. I think there's a caching problem with the recent changes, perhaps. But it is doing the same as it was a few days ago. Not showing like SAS with included, but is in the line item list.

Hope it stays that way!

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
For what it's worth, I spoke to an online rep today and he said air suspension and 72 amp charger are now standard for Model X. I know air suspension was always standard, but I specifically asked him about the 72 amp charger. (But, some tesla reps have been known to be wrong before.)
Well, taking my config above and changing to a 75D X deletes the 72 Amp charger. So.... :D

We can hope but as before, I'd say they want more than one reason for you to get the 100. (More than range, I mean.)

For what it's worth, I spoke to an online rep today and he said air suspension and 72 amp charger are now standard for Model X. I know air suspension was always standard, but I specifically asked him about the 72 amp charger. (But, some tesla reps have been known to be wrong before.)
great ..... another missed Opportunity by being too anxious.
:p
stilI .... i wonder when this became the standard.

Posted in the other thread on this, I got the 72 to show in the list at the bottom again by toggling all my options.
Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. I can't get the 72A charger to show after turning on and off all the options.
Yes, not ready to believe that just yet. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. I can't get the 72A charger to show after turning on and off all the options.
Yes, not ready to believe that just yet. :rolleyes:
I would suggest either clearing your cache/cookies for Tesla.com or starting a private/incognito session using Firefox or Chrome. Either will not include any trace of your previous configuration. Every time I change back and forth from a 75D to 100D the 72 Amp charger appears and disappears. :)

I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to not have it in the list of 'included' options as opposed to the final line item listing where it does show up. Just confuses everyone.

Opened an incognito window in Chrome. Went to Order a Model X

Selected the 100D. 72A charger not shown at the bottom of the page. Selected 75D, then 100D. 72A charger never shows up.
I would suggest either clearing your cache/cookies for Tesla.com or starting a private/incognito session using Firefox or Chrome. Either will not include any trace of your previous configuration. Every time I change back and forth from a 75D to 100D the 72 Amp charger appears and disappears. :)

I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to not have it in the list of 'included' options as opposed to the final line item listing where it does show up. Just confuses everyone.

Opened an incognito window in Chrome. Went to Order a Model X

Selected the 100D. 72A charger not shown at the bottom of the page. Selected 75D, then 100D. 72A charger never shows up.
So, starting from scratch with Firefox and 'Private WIndows', I get this. The 'List of features' I got before and posted in the other thread that showed at the bottom of the page when you configure (at least in mobile) don't show at all on a PC. So, the High Amp Charger doesn't show at all. But, when you click on NEXT and go to the next page to 'order' the car, the list is there, and the charger does show there for the 100D. Try that and let's see if it shows.

upload_2017-7-4_7-47-41.png

• Love
Reactions: Mayhemm
So, the High Amp Charger doesn't show at all. But, when you click on NEXT and go to the next page to 'order' the car, the list is there, and the charger does show there for the 100D. Try that and let's see if it shows.
Thanks, yes when I do that the High Amperage Charger is listed on the page that displays after clicking "Next".

Mystery solved. It seems that there is a glitch on the configuration page, but the High Amperage Charger is still part of the 100D option. Good to know! I have an HPWC in my garage on a 100A circuit for my "classic" Model S with dual chargers. I don't want to be limited to 40A home charging.

Thanks, yes when I do that the High Amperage Charger is listed on the page that displays after clicking "Next".

Mystery solved. It seems that there is a glitch on the configuration page, but the High Amperage Charger is still part of the 100D option. Good to know! I have an HPWC in my garage on a 100A circuit for my "classic" Model S with dual chargers. I don't want to be limited to 40A home charging.
Exactly. After all the hardware config we did, I don't want to be limited to 48 if I get a 100D X.... Man, it's like Tesla is working for the AMA, Psychiatrists division, and looking for the other kind of referrals. :D

I recently had the opportunity to confirm with a Tesla OA that the S/X 100D now comes with the 72A onboard charger as standard and it is no longer shown in the website config pages or when you click "Next" on those pages. It is just "included" in his words.

Removing those references to the 72A charger from the website is kind of an odd thing for Tesla to do. It's a nice feature, it should be shown.