Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way to get them do something is just publicizing it. We, Turkish Tesla Owners in Turkey, made them update their servers' time zone info to see correct time on our cars was getting to the front page on reddit. We had opted out of daylight savings two years ago, Tesla caught up 2 years later. Funny that you can't set time manually.
You use your clock???????

After reading the posts here I was afraid that my RWD 75 couldn’t be uncorked.

Downloaded the Remote S app and checked the perf config and it shows it being uncorked “P1”

It’s under “Perf_Config” code
P1 is uncorked, P3 is uncorked

My car is 2016 RWD Model S 75 August build

Attachments

• FD3084E2-4805-4CF5-9815-677A0D4D195A.png
    FD3084E2-4805-4CF5-9815-677A0D4D195A.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 128
What if you don't have the “Perf_Config” line at all?

I just bought a used 2016 75d. it shows 4.2 0-60 on the website when i bought it.

Vehicle Config: {
"can_accept_navigation_requests" = 1;
"can_actuate_trunks" = 1;
"car_special_type" = base;
"car_type" = models2;
"charge_port_type" = US;
"eu_vehicle" = 0;
"exterior_color" = Pearl;
"has_air_suspension" = 0;
"has_ludicrous_mode" = 0;
"motorized_charge_port" = 1;
plg = 1;
"rear_seat_heaters" = 0;
"rear_seat_type" = 1;
rhd = 0;
"roof_color" = Colored;
"seat_type" = 1;
"spoiler_type" = None;
"sun_roof_installed" = 0;
"third_row_seats" = None;
timestamp = 1561580920029;
"trim_badging" = 75d;
"use_range_badging" = 0;
"wheel_type" = AeroTurbine19;
}

No idea and tesla wont tell me.
Not sure if they would add the DU00 code on your car if they replaced it with a DU00 anyway. Have you checked in any of the third party apps that show codes?

Not that it matters. Uncorking the car isn't really dependent on the drive unit. And if it isn't uncorked you would need a really friendly tech to try to uncork a 2013 RWD even with a 2017 battery and drive unit since as was mentioned, no RWDs were ever uncorked. Late model RWDs only came from the factory uncorked.

The API should still work on your car. Why don't you do a 0-60 performance run on PowerTools or Dashboard for Tesla. Should be obvious whether the power and torque settings are set at corked levels as P1 would suggest. Power difference is 280kW vs 310kW. I can figure the torque if you send me the data. 70kW/s is 450Nm. 105kW/s is 545Nm. P2 means uncorked on RWDs per this note by Ohmster right?

Also, I doubt they replaced the Pyrofuse in 2017, so if you did if fact get a DU00 and you get a third party to uncork the car to P2 status, I would bring a spare late model Pyrofuse and some tools to install it on your first performance run. (Actually I think this is a dangerous part to replace so read up beforehand). The Pyrofuse is supposedly not firmware updatable and was probably set below 1500A in 2013 on your car.

Last edited:
Not sure if they would add the DU00 code on your car if they replaced it with a DU00 anyway. Have you checked in any of the third party apps that show codes?

Not that it matters. Uncorking the car isn't really dependent on the drive unit. And if it isn't uncorked you would need a really friendly tech to try to uncork a 2013 RWD even with a 2017 battery and drive unit.

The API should still work on your car. Why don't you do a 0-60 performance run on PowerTools or Dashboard for Tesla. Should be obvious whether the power and torque settings are set at uncorked levels as P1 would suggest. Power difference is 280kW vs 310kW. I can figure the torque if you send me the data. 70kW/s is 450Nm. 105kW/s is 545Nm.

I've used dashboard a few times and 0-60 seem to be around 4.9 or so. I will send you a pm

if you got uncorked a while ago when you got the 0-60 speed increase do you know if its still there? I mean can it be taken away or reversed ??Or once its uncorked it stays uncorked? how to know.? I remember some people said it was uncorked and then they lost the uncorking?