Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a reservation(config)(still didnt pay deposit) yesterday and my spec link code shows that it's still BTX5 and DU00. This means even August configured cars getting old-gen engine and old-gen 75kwh battery? Should i cancel my reservation or proceed?

Note: Its also say "October Delivery"

Last edited:
I made a reservation(config)(still didnt pay deposit) yesterday and my spec link code shows that it's still BTX5 and DU00. This means even August configured cars getting old-gen engine and old-gen 75kwh battery? Should i cancel my reservation or proceed?

The order page has the new performance specs so just snap a pic of those and don't worry.

How are you finding this out? I placed my deposit and I click on the spec link but I don't see any mention of what you are saying. I got a 75D.

DU00 is the new drive unit for most cars. DU01 is the drive unit for the Performance version. The old drive units didn't have codes.

rgalmeida34, If you are in Chicago, you may not get the new battery. I don't think we have seen it yet in the US.

ChooseAnother, in Bulgaria you will almost certainly get the new battery. UK and Norway have been getting them for a while now. Do you live near a service center where you can check new cars getting delivered and see what the battery code is?

Last edited:
rgalmeida34, If you are in Chicago, you may not get the new battery. I don't think we have seen it yet in the US.

ChooseAnother, in Bulgaria you will almost certainly get the new battery. UK and Norway have been getting them for a while now. Do you live near a service center where you can check new cars getting delivered and see what the battery code is?

Oh i see, we are getting the new drive unit at least! But the old battery has old contactors too? which they are chronical problem of Tesla's?

(BTW Copying image of reservation shows a very few spec codes so that is insufficent?)

You can look up the codes here or manually under Show All possible options. Once you get the car you can lookup all the codes in Visible Tesla if no other way.

Oh i see, we are getting the new drive unit at least! But the old battery has old contactors too? which they are chronical problem of Tesla's?

(BTW Copying image of reservation shows a very few spec codes so that is insufficent?)

Yeah, there used to be more codes there. I don't think the contactors are problematic. The new drive units are due to the Model 3 going to be produced at 500,000 units a year. Those economies of scale are spilling over into the other models by the way of new parts. Also Tesla is governing all the drive units and batteries for not only safety but for product differentiation. I think the "uncorking" of the 75D is to give more folks a reason to stick with the more expensive cars.