Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a VIN of 193*** . I have a 75D that was in inventory . Purchased on June 28th and delivered on June 30th. I actually wanted delivery on July 1st a Sat but they asked if i could get it on the 6/30 .

Where or who do I speak to about uncorking and do you guys think I have a good case?
I think you have a great case. Send an escalation support email and demand it.

Been emailing Tesla about the uncorking but get the same answer that car can't be uncorked. Have an April 2017 S75D build. Visited the SC and brought it up, basically the manager said he would uncork my car if he could, but he can't without permission from corporate. He even went on to saying it would take him just a few minutes to do it too... so frustrating.

This whole thing is being handled terribly. It should make no difference when the Car was delivered. Mine was delivered at 7pm on the 6/30 despite me preferring delivery on 7/1 (6/30 was a Friday night). My vin is 193### so is a later produced vehicle than some that have been uncorked that were delivered on 1/7 or later!

I am getting nowhere fast and seem to be going in circles . I dont get replies from Tesla Corp and my sales rep cant help me.

This whole thing is being handled terribly. It should make no difference when the Car was delivered. Mine was delivered at 7pm on the 6/30 despite me preferring delivery on 7/1 (6/30 was a Friday night). My vin is 193### so is a later produced vehicle than some that have been uncorked that were delivered on 1/7 or later!

I am getting nowhere fast and seem to be going in circles . I dont get replies from Tesla Corp and my sales rep cant help me.

Only thing that can make that feeling worse is when someone comes on here and says "you received exactly what you paid for/agreed to"

Hypocritical statement... at best.

Mine was delivered at 7pm on the 6/30 despite me preferring delivery on 7/1 (6/30 was a Friday night). .

Why did you agree to delivery at a time that you didn't prefer? Was there any financial incentive offered to you to do so? I understand why Tesla would want you to complete your delivery in the current quarter - so that they can count it for that quarter's delivery numbers, but what's in it for you?

I agreed delivery as I was told that the only available time was Friday late evening (in fact they were open until midnight!) and didnt have slots apparently for the weekend. No financial incentive offered at all and I didnt expect any , i just didnt want to deal with the Friday night rush hour traffic and would have preferred a weekend delivery.
I now believe that they were pumping the quarter end numbers and I wouldnt mind that if they hadnt then implemented the delivery date cut off of 7/1 to get the upgrade.

Just to be clear I purchased on 6/28 and had a choice of inventory cars . Delivery was 2 days later.

Last edited:
Everyone should do what I just did and go on the MyTesla page and voice our concerns to corporate. They recently updated the myTesla page and added a section for "inquiries" which can be sent to the Tesla support team or directly to "Tesla's executive team". I just sent the following to both Tesla groups, I suggest everyone else should do the same so that we may get a response! Feel free to copy and modify my message below as needed.

"There are many many people on the forums discussing uncorking of Model X and Model S cars build before the speed increase. People are saying that Tesla is allowing uncorking of cars delivered after July 1 2017, and that a firmware update is increasing 0-60. People are angry saying most vehicles including all AWD vehicles appear to be uncorkable since Tesla inventory cars and cars produced very early in 2017, 2016 and even CPO's are all being uncorked so long as they've been delivered after July 1. Is it possible to get an uncork for my MX 75D??? I've loved Tesla for a long time but it's seeming very obvious to everyone that Tesla is holding back to old owners and it's really upsetting!"