Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've wondered about the "HP" figures, with the apps, I figure the calculations are basically WHP whereas the motor numbers of "at the crank" so to speak. Not really quite sure if or how to factor in losses due to the "drivetrain" in an electric vehicle. Perhaps some experts can chime in or point me to a thread where this has been explained!
I can tell buy the weight of the car, hp figures and acceleration by comparison to ICE cars, corked: 245kw would have been around the wheel power (329hp) and 280kw (375hp) motor power. Uncorked:450 motor and around 400 whp. It does make it hard to compare as EVs have 100% torque from 0 rpm and ICE cars are dynoed in 3rd gear, I'm not sure what the ratio is in the reduction gear.

Ok so I pulled the data from before the deletion to after the deletion, compared the data and extracted what was deleted and added it to a new tab. I will let the owner @phaduman decide if he wants to add it back in to the actual spreadsheet or if there was a reason it was deleted then he can just delete the tab without having to hunt back through the data. I did not check however if any of the deleted data has been re-inputted after the deletion (like I did with mine)

Reactions: phaduman
Email I received today.

“My lead technician told me that if you upgrade to the 75D, your car should be eligible for the performance upgrade based off of your configuration. You will just need to go into your local service center, and this upgrade will take about 2 hours.”

I replied:

Should be or is guaranteed to be? I do not want to upgrade to the 75kW if it’s not 100% certain I will get the performance update.

What was the process like? Can you describe?
Out of respect to the tech, who wasn't supposed to show anyone, I won't go too in detail.

It was fairly simple, it was an option and he just changed a setting in the firmware. It was already mentioned; under performance add on it should say uncorked. And under performance it should say P1. Then I just got a software update. Also softpack needed to say 1? or 0? I forget

Email I received today.

“My lead technician told me that if you upgrade to the 75D, your car should be eligible for the performance upgrade based off of your configuration. You will just need to go into your local service center, and this upgrade will take about 2 hours.”

I replied:

Should be or is guaranteed to be? I do not want to upgrade to the 75kW if it’s not 100% certain I will get the performance update.
My bros car was uncorked today VIN is in the 180s, was a 60D but has been 75D for many months. I just upgraded my 60D to 75D today and was told it's still ineligible. Most likely rolling out VINs in order of when they were upgraded from 60D which would put me last. There is also another factor with a small number of cars (75D or 60D upgraded) being incapable because of a fuse harness. Hoping mine isn't one of them but seems quite possible at the moment

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Case closed for RWD cars! email from escalations team below:
===
Hi Eric,

I looked into your car's configuration and you have a single motor 60kwh battery. Even if you upgraded your battery from a 60 to a 75, in order for us to perform the "uncorking" you MUST have a dual motor car. For that simple reason, regardless of whether you upgrade or not, you will not be eligible.

Thank you and have a great afternoon!
Alli | Escalations Team
24/7 Support 1-877-79-TESLA
===
This uncorking is only for dual motor cars. There are a few threads about the S75 RWD, but it's not looking like Tesla will be doing this goodwill for us at this time :(

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Ok so I pulled the data from before the deletion to after the deletion, compared the data and extracted what was deleted and added it to a new tab. I will let the owner @phaduman decide if he wants to add it back in to the actual spreadsheet or if there was a reason it was deleted then he can just delete the tab without having to hunt back through the data. I did not check however if any of the deleted data has been re-inputted after the deletion (like I did with mine)
Thanks @calif94577 for your efforts. I copied/pasted those data back into main Sheet1. Found one duplicate so removed that line!!!