Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added mine as well - scheduled to be uncorked tomorrow.

Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker

I just don't get it. Mine has got the same VIN-range and the same battery pack. Still yours is eligilble but mine isn't.

Other than that it seems that in the US 90% will get uncorked but only 10% in the rest of the world. Why?!?!? I know Tesla is an american car but this is just silly.

We have our own poll in Sweden. So far 5 NO and only 1 YES:

TeslaClubSweden.se • Visa tråd - Omröstning: Kan din 75D uncorkas?

this too is my question. A 60d 3/2017 build may not be eligible but why not?? A 75d made at same date is simply an upgraded 60d i thought software wise??? So my guess is that they want you to spend 2k more to update to a 75d and THEN you will be eligible?? Thats silly but apart from unlocking the full battery is there other differences if the build date is the same? to make it ineligible??

It all depends on whether it has a 75kWh battery or only 60kWh. They would have used all the 60kWh packs before switching to 75kWh. You can't uncork a screw top bottle.
With the performance additions it depends on whether the new HW went into the car or not when yours was built. Logic dictates that if VIN's are sequentially allocated on the line then a running change will generally apply from a given VIN but there are some circumstances that can muddy the waters a little bit.

I did the battery upgrade. Now to make an appointment for the uncorking.

Attachments

• 955CAE5F-1DC6-4326-8A37-3C85D37F1937.jpeg
    955CAE5F-1DC6-4326-8A37-3C85D37F1937.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 67
looking at the earliest manufacturing date to get a "Yes" on uncorking: would it be accurate to state that only facelift cars have the ability to be uncorked (in addition to fuse etc.)? Looks like 4/16 cars are not uncorkable, but starting 5/16, dual-motor cars are (and some fuse dependency).

I think Tesla went into facelift car productions mid-April. As they improved charging speeds on the facelift cars, it is likely the higher-amp fuses were put in at that time (except for some random reason some new 75Ds didn't get them - quite unfortunate - Tesla should provide a h/w fix for those cars).

My bros car was uncorked today VIN is in the 180s, was a 60D but has been 75D for many months. I just upgraded my 60D to 75D today and was told it's still ineligible. Most likely rolling out VINs in order of when they were upgraded from 60D which would put me last. There is also another factor with a small number of cars (75D or 60D upgraded) being incapable because of a fuse harness. Hoping mine isn't one of them but seems quite possible at the moment
they should be able to tell you before you update if uncorking is possible!!! I mean its 2017

looking at the earliest manufacturing date to get a "Yes" on uncorking: would it be accurate to state that only facelift cars have the ability to be uncorked (in addition to fuse etc.)? Looks like 4/16 cars are not uncorkable, but starting 5/16, dual-motor cars are (and some fuse dependency).

I think Tesla went into facelift car productions mid-April. As they improved charging speeds on the facelift cars, it is likely the higher-amp fuses were put in at that time (except for some random reason some new 75Ds didn't get them - quite unfortunate - Tesla should provide a h/w fix for those cars).
again see #42 on the spreadsheet.....conflicts with what you are saying

Last edited:
It all depends on whether it has a 75kWh battery or only 60kWh. They would have used all the 60kWh packs before switching to 75kWh. You can't uncork a screw top bottle.
With the performance additions it depends on whether the new HW went into the car or not when yours was built. Logic dictates that if VIN's are sequentially allocated on the line then a running change will generally apply from a given VIN but there are some circumstances that can muddy the waters a little bit.
our car is a software locked 75d that is listed as a 60d.