Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y LR cost is 53000$ today onwards (excluding Tax rebate of 7500$).I bought my model Y in December for 65000$

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mentioned this in the other thread, but I literally just took delivery today at noon of my MYLR and this price drops happens hours later... yeah its a really sh*tty feeling
Read your purchase agreement as they vary state to state. If there’s a cooling off period you may be able to get a refund instead of returning the car. Unlikely but you don’t know unless you ask.

Let's pretend to speak slow and meaningful about space exploration and just beautiful reduced carbon emissions when we here to take these customer's monies with a vengeance. Wolf in sheep clothing. "Oh it's business- no blame". Lol , everyone else is just a number to support his dream.
And kudos to everyone that can make big dollars to support Elons twisted reality in which, it is consumer buying's fault, not his questionable marketing ploys. Most of the tesla worker lackeys love his slight angle and pretending to be an angel. :barf:

Was that supposed to be a flex? I don’t think anyone here is impressed.
flex-shua.gif

Read your purchase agreement as they vary state to state. If there’s a cooling off period you may be able to get a refund instead of returning the car. Unlikely but you don’t know unless you ask.
Im from California.. I didn't see anything about refunds in my Purchase Agreement unfortunately. I tried calling the pickup location to speak to someone but got sent to a voicemail after being put on hold... im sure their phones are ringing off the hook today

At least with the Model Y P I purchased in Dec., I am only down $3,400 from the price today configured as mine is, which is what I wanted. With the free 2 years of Supercharging I am probably only down $2,400. It wouldn't qualify for the $7,500 tax credit anyway unless the IRS changes their definition of SUVs.

You are very limited on options you can add even for the LR version before you cross the threshold where you lose the tax credit.

I kinda want a MYP so I'm crossing my fingers for an end of quarter incentive or a "stealth performance" with different wheels or something to get under the cap. Come on daddy Elon

mentioned this in the other thread, but I literally just took delivery today at noon of my MYLR and this price drops happens hours later... yeah its a really sh*tty feeling
Yeah I've had a month to get used to these gyrations since picking up my MYLR. You have my sympathy.

The price was brought down to qualify for the tax credit. So you should get the $7500 tax credit.

Reactions: skola
So you like spending more money than something is actually worth in order order to have it sooner? Also not impressive.

No. I took advantage of the "great discount" at the time. I figured they'd maybe extend that discount through next quarter if they were desparate but I wasn't expecting a 20% msrp drop. I've never seen a car company drop the msrp of a vehicle that drastically before.

It is what it is and just bad timing on the purchase fueled by the incentive hype and me fully knowing that I will not be eligible for the $7500 tax incentive in 2023. I'll still enjoy the car but still stings when the value of the same car you paid for drops 20% within 2 weeks of ownership.

I said all along making the seven seater standard and maybe having a minor price decrease but now when they cut prices like this they're going to have a whole lot of backlash from people who just bought recently at the old prices.

It's only $4,000 difference for me because I got FSD and ordered at 63k price point and when FSD was 12,000.

For someone that ordered a long range were performance at the prices. They were just last week. I would be furious.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
This is excluding tax rebate of 7500$.

Including that, the model Y long range will cost 46000$ only!!

I feel like an idiot buying my car in December last year!
If the price had gone up $10k the following day would you feel cheated. You apparently thought the price was fine or you wouldn't have consummated the deal.
Apparently I am an idiot for purchasing my Y in 2021. I could have saved a few dollars by waiting and maybe rethought FSD.
Now I'm going to lose sleep.

Reactions: DMNAZ
These are premium vehicles that no-one needs.
We buy them because we want them and we decide at that moment if the asking price is worth it to us. At the moment a used 7 year old Camry or RAV4 is what people should buy if they care about money. New cars are a luxury that depreciate by thousands of dollars the moment you drive them off the lot. And the more expensive the car was the more it instantly depreciates. Ask any Jaguar owner who has spend $70k on a car how much he will get for it 3 years later.
Make sure you have GAP insurance if the vehicle is financed (probably 95% of people) and if you needed to finance ofer 7 years to get an acceptable monthly payment you’re living way beyond your means and should keep it that long and learn for the next purchase. Which also means the price drop and depreciation are of little relevance by that point so take comfort in that.

Reactions: WyoDude
At least with the Model Y P I purchased in Dec., I am only down $3,400 from the price today configured as mine is, which is what I wanted. With the free 2 years of Supercharging I am probably only down $2,400. It wouldn't qualify for the $7,500 tax credit anyway unless the IRS changes their definition of SUVs.

You are very limited on options you can add even for the LR version before you cross the threshold where you lose the tax credit.
yep i'm in the same boat, i dont owe irs therefore i won't qualify for the new tax credit, so in actuality the difference between my dec 29 delivery and now is down to around 4k. don't get me wrong 4k is still alot of money, but it does make the new depreciated value a bit easier to swallow.

At least with the Model Y P I purchased in Dec., I am only down $3,400 from the price today configured as mine is, which is what I wanted. With the free 2 years of Supercharging I am probably only down $2,400.

You don’t have 2 free years of supercharging. You have 10,000 miles of free supercharging that expire within 2 years.

Im from California.. I didn't see anything about refunds in my Purchase Agreement unfortunately. I tried calling the pickup location to speak to someone but got sent to a voicemail after being put on hold... im sure their phones are ringing off the hook today
CA does not have a new car cooling off period. The minute you sign the paperwork the car is yours. You cannot return it unless both parties agree.

Elon should offer Enhanced Autopilot, FSD and/or Acceleration Boost at 50%-70% off to everyone who paid over current prices. More revenue for Tesla and some customers might feel a little better about the situation.
Those are not free. Acceleration boost increases warranty costs. FSD increases future liability of any required hardware updates.

Friend of mine got a bmw M3 for about 15% less than I did by waiting two weeks. But with a dealer everyone walks out with a different price.

Reactions: NKpenn and evannole
Status
Not open for further replies.