Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y LR cost is 53000$ today onwards (excluding Tax rebate of 7500$).I bought my model Y in December for 65000$

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(moderator note)

Please direct further discussion on this topic to the stickied thread which can be found here:

==================================

This is excluding tax rebate of 7500$.

Including that, the model Y long range will cost 46000$ only!!

I feel like an idiot buying my car in December last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Near 20k down the toilet. I guess brand loyalty isn’t something Tesla values which is crazy.
So what did you say when Tesla was increasing the prices the past 2 years? Tesla is still a business at the end of the day that is subject to the market. These current prices have now essentially placed them back to what they were 2 years ago before the prices dramatically increased. And any "loyal" Tesla customer that choose to buy during the price hikes should have known what they were getting.

I already got my Model 3 in 2018 and was thinking about getting a Model Y around 2020 but I held off as the prices kept on increasing to more than what I was willing to pay.

At least with the Model Y P I purchased in Dec., I am only down $3,400 from the price today configured as mine is, which is what I wanted. With the free 2 years of Supercharging I am probably only down $2,400. It wouldn't qualify for the $7,500 tax credit anyway unless the IRS changes their definition of SUVs.

You are very limited on options you can add even for the LR version before you cross the threshold where you lose the tax credit.

Clearly, they are okay with leaving people upside on loans if they get in a car accident that totals their car and they don't have GAP.

Just because I already started off my ownership of the MYP in a shitty way (cracked windshield within days of delivery and then this), I decided to pay an extra $16 a month for gap insurance. It'll offset the 20% drop in value should my car get totalled.

Near 20k down the toilet. I guess brand loyalty isn’t something Tesla values which is crazy.
Lowering the price puts you in a box. You won't sell because you will loose $. It's a win win for Tesla. Sell more to new customers and handcuff the others so their numbers increase. I still love my car, my awesome Feb 2022 MSLR car is only a year old and now cost $5k less.

House, car, all coming down fast.

For Tesla, their price cut will put huge pressure on other auto makers, especially Lucid, Riverian, etc.

Current Model Y is even cheaper than my price by 2k. Placed order in Oct 2021

Tell me about it. Have to sell my house due to relocating because of work. If I put it up on the market 5 months ago, would have sold it at a crazy price. Thankfully I bought it before the pandemic so it's still way more than what I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.