Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car is in the service center for repair you can ask if you have latest software and they will probably update it for you. They might even do it without asking. I don't think it would be a good idea to drop in for that reason alone though lest you get a reputation as a pain in the rear
While I agree that this is what usually happens, on my last 2 service center visits, I got a notification that I have an update pending, and I just assumed that the techs would install the update. Both times, I got back and I had to manually install in [the horror!].

I wonder if it's was a double oversight, or if they're changing policies about forcing firmware updates on people...?

Reactions: anthonyduke
If your car is in the service center for repair you can ask if you have latest software and they will probably update it for you. They might even do it without asking. I don't think it would be a good idea to drop in for that reason alone though lest you get a reputation as a pain in the rear and use up a favor you might want in the future
Okay lol! Thank you all of you guys so much and thats good to know

While I agree that this is what usually happens, on my last 2 service center visits, I got a notification that I have an update pending, and I just assumed that the techs would install the update. Both times, I got back and I had to manually install in [the horror!].

I wonder if it's was a double oversight, or if they're changing policies about forcing firmware updates on people...?
Unless the update is required to fix whatever you are in the SC for, they prefer to have the car ready for the customer earlier (rather than waiting up to 1h40m for the update to apply) so they pre-load it for you and you can install at will.

If you wanted to, of course you could apply it in the SC parking lot, resulting in the same outcome as before - leaving the SC later by however long it took to apply the update :p