Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$846 to fix a light!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VanF

Supporting Member
Nov 8, 2023
Carpinteria, CA
$846 to change a rear light sounds like part of a joke, but seriously? My Tesla service center gives me contradictory advice about whether it involves one component or two. If it's just one, it's "only" $500. I see lot's of DIY YouTube but what are the right components?

• Disagree
Reactions: Zaker89
When you submit a request for service, Tesla sends you an estimate to approve to proceed with the repairs. Look for that in the Tesla App. It should itemize parts and labor, worst case. You can take out the rear hatch glass if it isn't broken during the repair.

Upvote 0
When you submit a request for service, Tesla sends you an estimate to approve to proceed with the repairs. Look for that in the Tesla App. It should itemize parts and labor, worst case. You can take out the rear hatch glass if it isn't broken during the repair.
Thanks. I saw the estimate but the service center said, on 1st call to them that it was a mistake, and on the 2nd call that it was correct. Labor was $120 out of the $846.

Upvote 0