Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D time for fixes or lawsuits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 90D less than 20k miles and it has lost at least 10% of rated miles, and I am currently supercharging at 62kW. Tesla is capping the charging because of the poor performance of their 90 batteries and it’s unnaceptable. I am going to have to supercharge close to 2 hours each leg of a trip.

When was it manufactured?

I'm at 23K miles and at 90% I'm at 263 usually. So about 1-2 miles lost so far in rated range.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
90D 29K miles, built/delivered November 2015, 90% 237 miles...

Never had any noticeable supercharging capping so not sure what the OP is talking about there. I don't exactly see what Tesla should be expected to do about it. Batteries degrade, it's what they do.

Jeff

I have a 90D less than 20k miles and it has lost at least 10% of rated miles, and I am currently supercharging at 62kW. Tesla is capping the charging because of the poor performance of their 90 batteries and it’s unnaceptable. I am going to have to supercharge close to 2 hours each leg of a trip.

What's your 90%? 10% degradation is too much for any mileage I guess...

• Disagree
Reactions: sorka and MP3Mike
90D 29K miles, built/delivered November 2015, 90% 237 miles...

Never had any noticeable supercharging capping so not sure what the OP is talking about there. I don't exactly see what Tesla should be expected to do about it. Batteries degrade, it's what they do.

Jeff

Battery degradation is a given BUT abnormal degradation is not.
What constitutes abnormal?
One can only 'check' using the graph compiled by Teslarati.

Yeah, my 90D is around 256 @ 90% with range mode off. At best I saw 263, but I also notice that it fluctuates based on temp and last several drives. I've got around 28,000 miles on mine. I'm not sure of my build date... Mar/Apr, 2017 or so.

I see around 110-112kw on a Supercharge, usually around 110 miles or so and then it starts dropping.

My 11/16 build S90D is 254 at 90% w/ Range Mode off. When new 2/3/17, 90% was 269 now w/ 32,000 miles it is 253 at 90%. I have a newer version battery Part number #1088790-00-A

I thought the miles number was just an estimate the car comes up with based on your driving style, recent history of driving conditions, etc. Is that not true? So, your number at 2/3/17 was the car's estimate based on knowing nothing about your driving habits or anything. Now the car has 32k miles of experience. Yes I know batteries degrade. I'm not saying yours has not. I'm just saying, how much of that miles number is due to the estimating algorithm? I wish Tesla would display battery volts, and electrical data, alot more than it does. Why don't they? I guess they don't want all the questions it would bring up. But it sure seems like it would be good info for the owner. If you knew the miles estimate plus battery volts at 2/3 vs miles and battery volts today, at 90% charge, you'd have a better idea of what's going on I'm guessing.

I thought the miles number was just an estimate the car comes up with based on your driving style, recent history of driving conditions, etc. Is that not true? So, your number at 2/3/17 was the car's estimate based on knowing nothing about your driving habits or anything. Now the car has 32k miles of experience. Yes I know batteries degrade. I'm not saying yours has not. I'm just saying, how much of that miles number is due to the estimating algorithm? I wish Tesla would display battery volts, and electrical data, alot more than it does. Why don't they? I guess they don't want all the questions it would bring up. But it sure seems like it would be good info for the owner. If you knew the miles estimate plus battery volts at 2/3 vs miles and battery volts today, at 90% charge, you'd have a better idea of what's going on I'm guessing.

You're correct about driving habits, etc. The displayed range is an estimate... holds no legit bearing on reality.

I thought the miles number was just an estimate the car comes up with based on your driving style, recent history of driving conditions, etc. Is that not true?

That is not true, Tesla doesn't use a GOM, Guess-o-meter, it bases the remaining range number based on the estimated charge state and the EPA range estimate.

90D late 2016 build 28k miles on it. 90% charge gets me to 256 mi down from 264 when new. Is that an expected degradation? Will tesla do anytbing about it?

I don't know that there is an "expected" number. But no Tesla won't do anything about your degradation as the warranty specifically excludes "gradual degradation."

On the Model 3 degradation is covered. The warranty covers 70% energy retention. So on the long range Model 3 they would replace the battery when the 100% charge drops from 310 miles down to 216 miles during the covered warranty period.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
That is not true, Tesla doesn't use a GOM, Guess-o-meter, it bases the remaining range number based on the estimated charge state and the EPA range estimate.
Thanks, I stand corrected. I blame driving my Volt today instead of my Tesla for the error. But everything I've read in the last 10 min says the Tesla uses a fixed miles est based on remaining charge, regardless of recent driving habits, etc. I still love my Volt though.

Yes---and I had Range Mode on in the earlier results. I now keep Range Mode off, so the signature "Eyebrow" DRL lights illuminate all the time.