Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed the Model Y RWD which had an MSRP of $42,990 and a range of 260 has been removed from sale on the Tesla website. I know this has been common practice for this particular configuration.
Yes, it was discontinued last month and “replaced” with the long range RWD - which is the exact same physical car without some of the battery capacity locked out by software.

Reactions: Royal27
I ordered my Model Y and was approved for the %0.99 APR. I canceled the order because State incentive money ran out. I ended up reordering a week later because my current vehicle died. Bad luck. I was told the loan was good for 60 days but apparently if you cancel the order, all of a sudden you're not qualified for the loan. I had to do a 2nd credit application, take another hard hit to my credit, and take the 1.99%. FeelsBadMan

I tried the same thing. Even at the store, they could not make the change. I ended up creating a new order for the inventory car and eating the 250 for the ordered car :/. Not optimal but its fine.. I got a better car and the 250 balanced against the total price of the car is insignificant. I suspect for you MT, it's too late to make a change and keep the .99% unless you find someone in the store who has magic fingers :D

Reactions: Royal27
I went to the Tesla location in Tigard OR and the guy I spoke with there was rude as hell. I asked him about using the .99% I was already approved for and he told me to pound sand. Also told me I could not use the $7500 federal incentive as a down payment and that I'd have to put down $4250 to qualify for the 1.99%. I mentioned these forums and how people have used the federal incentive as a downpayment and he said it was the internet, you're liars, and that he worked for tesla for 7 years and knows better. He was almost the reason I didn't buy a Tesla. Ended up ordering on the app and had no issue using the ev incentive as a downpayment. I'd name drop him here since he insisted I take his card when "I was ACTUALLY ready to buy a Tesla" but I don't want to break any forum rules.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I went to the Tesla location in Tigard OR and the guy I spoke with there was rude as hell. I asked him about using the .99% I was already approved for and he told me to pound sand. Also told me I could not use the $7500 federal incentive as a down payment and that I'd have to put down $4250 to qualify for the 1.99%. I mentioned these forums and how people have used the federal incentive as a downpayment and he said it was the internet, you're liars, and that he worked for tesla for 7 years and knows better. He was almost the reason I didn't buy a Tesla. Ended up ordering on the app and had no issue using the ev incentive as a downpayment. I'd name drop him here since he insisted I take his card when "I was ACTUALLY ready to buy a Tesla" but I don't want to break any forum rules.
Send him a screenshot of your order with a "your services are not needed to actually buy a tesla" 😂

I went to the Tesla location in Tigard OR and the guy I spoke with there was rude as hell. I asked him about using the .99% I was already approved for and he told me to pound sand. Also told me I could not use the $7500 federal incentive as a down payment and that I'd have to put down $4250 to qualify for the 1.99%. I mentioned these forums and how people have used the federal incentive as a downpayment and he said it was the internet, you're liars, and that he worked for tesla for 7 years and knows better. He was almost the reason I didn't buy a Tesla. Ended up ordering on the app and had no issue using the ev incentive as a downpayment. I'd name drop him here since he insisted I take his card when "I was ACTUALLY ready to buy a Tesla" but I don't want to break any forum rules
Happy to supply my signed and sealed contract showing my 7500 credit as part of my down.. I added 2500 to help defray the tax and license costs. So 10K down total. 2500 out of pocket.. then again, I'm just an internet scumbag with fake contracts :)

I am also worried that when delivery day comes, Tesla is going to "revise" my trade-in downward because of the miles I am forced to put on it while I sit and wait. The answer is simple: If they try and pull this then get an immediate cash offer from Carvana and/or cars.com and more likely than not, the trade-in price will be a couple grand more than what Tesla is offering.

Reactions: SteelClouds
The only discounts I'm seeing on MY are on new with miles, not counting a white no milage with $140 discount.

MY inventory coming down and M3 going up. I wonder if their EOQ focus will be M3 and not MY? It will be interesting to watch.

If they slash MY then I got antsy and shame on me. I'm comfortable that I went ahead though as I wasn't waiting past June end for the next screaming deal.

Screenshot_20240606_165145_Chrome.jpg

Since you switched your order, were you able to keep the promotional financing rate of .99%?
Nope. It's like they threw the approved financing in the trash the moment I canceled my original order. Even ordering within a week after canceling the first, I had to reapply and take the 1.99%. I honestly don't know why they would do that to someone trying to buy their product. I feel like traditional dealerships don't shaft you like that once you've been approved for financing at a certain rate.

Side note, I said this to the Tesla rep at the Tigard OR location and he told me to cry to Elon on Twitter.

I ordered my Model Y and was approved for the %0.99 APR. I canceled the order because State incentive money ran out. I ended up reordering a week later because my current vehicle died. Bad luck. I was told the loan was good for 60 days but apparently if you cancel the order, all of a sudden you're not qualified for the loan. I had to do a 2nd credit application, take another hard hit to my credit, and take the 1.99%. FeelsBadMan
Tesla can definitely switch your order without losing the .99% financing deal as that's what I did yesterday, for an inventory car that I found nearby online. I reached out to our local Service Center (Wisconsin isn't allowed to sell Tesla's) and he said that he had been doing quite a few of these for customers who were struggling to get a match from the May .99% deal.

I do agree that it's near impossible to get ahold of Tesla, as I experienced lots of "try again later" messages, but I had the best luck looking up the local number for a Tesla dealer or service center location during their open hours.

Good luck!

What a complete sh*tshow this is. I ordered on May 25th with a delivery date of June 8 to June 22. Just barely squeaking by without having to deal with another totally unnecessary hard credit inquiry assuming a June 22 delivery date and now the app JUST updated to July 2 to AUGUST 6!

They are so beyond over their skis that it's not even funny. Seriously considering just canceling outright and they WILL be returning my $250 order fee as this is straight up criminal.

T
You’ll get a car before the end of the quarter. Almost without question.
Perhaps, but the point is the game being played is, thousands taken off my already agreed upon trade-in value since it will have expired and a new hard credit hit (not a big deal, just highly annoying). And the BIGGEST BURN?? I can go on tesla.com right now and order the exact same configuration I ordered on May 25th and it says the delivery date will be in June at, of course, the MUCH higher finance charge. So basically Tesla accepted all those 0.99% orders in May and then tossed them all to the back of the line in favor of the 6.29% non-promotional financing. Yet another example of how this company never ceases to amaze in not-always-good ways.

Oh and not that this is relevant to this thread but you know that unmistakable STENCH the HVAC makes in many Tesla's that smells like vinegar and a rotting gym locker? Mobile service used to automatically take care of the issue which is well known and is ONLY solved by using a cleaning foam on the evaporator coil AND replacing the cabin filters. I just requested that same service and they are now saying they no longer clean the evaporator filter and will only replace cabin filters. They literally said straight up, "we know the evaporator filter is moldy and is causing the smell but we no longer take the extra 2 minutes to spray a $7 can on the coils while having full access to it while replacing the cabin filters which we agree is not even the problem"