Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

99 Tunnel in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did my part by emailing Tesla Support. Given how much the tunnel opening has changed routes, it would be nice to have reliable navigation.

I'm not outraged or anything but I think it's reasonable to ask for accurate maps -- especially since Google and Bing have incorporated the changes at this point.

Reactions: Big-T
Just did my part by emailing Tesla Support. Given how much the tunnel opening has changed routes, it would be nice to have reliable navigation.

I'm not outraged or anything but I think it's reasonable to ask for accurate maps -- especially since Google and Bing have incorporated the changes at this point.

Yeah, google and bing had it updated the day after the tunnel opened.

Just noticed it appears on my screen yesterday. Haven't drive through it to check if the speed limit data is correct.

Software version is 20.4.2, navigation haven't been updated for a few months.

I am on 20.4.2 as well, and it is still showing the old route in the navigation. I drove through the tunnel a couple of hours ago. The traffic lines are correctly showing where the tunnel is located, but it routes you on the old viaduct and reroutes constantly through downtown when you are in the tunnel.

This has become a bit of a joke between my wife and I since the tunnel opened three months ago, but how long will it take Tesla to update their maps to show it exists? I assumed it would get updated as fast as Google Maps (one day after it opened), but three months later, it still routes me on the old viaduct that closed 3.5 months ago or on surface streets which would add 30-60 minutes onto the drive.

I don't know if there is precedent for anything similar elsewhere in the country, but routing through downtown Seattle is highly inaccurate until it gets fixed!

Good to know as I just got my M3 last week and live in the area as well!

Remember when we used paper maps to navigate, or sometimes <gasp!> even no map at all?

You guys can always pull into a gas station and ask for directions :)

Not especially helpful. I mean what's next? My ABS isn't working!!! Well, you can always pump the brakes, like we used to! My power steering doesn't work anymore!! Well, you can always learn to do it like we used to, with brute strength!

Anyway, I keep bugging Tesla about SR99 tunnel, but no response is ever given via email.

Today I tried using NoA northbound on SR-99 including the tunnel, and the tunnel did re-appear on my Nav display. It had disappeared right after the 2019.20.4.2 update for some reason. HOWEVER, NoA still tries to follow the old SR-99 viaduct path despite having the tunnel path shown. It also raises general hell while in the tunnel, slowing the vehicle down to 30 MPH and constantly calling out side-street re-routes.

See below (looks just like a post earlier!). Tunnel path is in light orange next to SR-99.

SR-99 Tunnel Misdirect.jpg

Today I tried using NoA northbound on SR-99 including the tunnel, and the tunnel did re-appear on my Nav display. It had disappeared right after the 2019.20.4.2 update for some reason. HOWEVER, NoA still tries to follow the old SR-99 viaduct path despite having the tunnel path shown. It also raises general hell while in the tunnel, slowing the vehicle down to 30 MPH and constantly calling out side-street re-routes.

See below (looks just like a post earlier!). Tunnel path is in light orange next to SR-99.

View attachment 428008

Yeah my 3 goes nuts in the tunnel, too, and tries to take non-existent side-streets. Come on, Tesla!

Finally got a response via email:

Thank you for contacting us with your question about the navigation map. We are currently working on updating the navigation and hope to be able to provide an update soon that will reflect SR99. I am not able to provide you with an ETA at this time but you will see this change made in an upcoming release.