Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A $175.00 Mistake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I set my key Fob down, just for a minute, and then forgot about it. The photograph below shows what happened when our dog found his new "toy". Will he ever stop chewing on anything and everything he can fit his teeth around?!?!

DSC_3065.JPG

Lorax,
He did manage to pop the frunk and trunk open and we initially couldn't figure out how that happened. Took a while to realize he did that from inside the house! I always thought that you had to have the Fob within inches of the frunk or trunk to make it work.

Last edited:
Lorax,
He did manage to pop the frunk and trunk open and we initially couldn't figure out how that happened. Took a while to realize he did that from inside the house! I always thought that you had to have the Fob within inches of the frunk or trunk to make it work.
You have a $175 story to tell at least. The key fob works much farther than a few inches. I'd say a good 20 feet or more.

So I set my key Fob down, just for a minute, and then forgot about it. The photograph below shows what happened when our dog found his new "toy". Will he ever stop chewing on anything and everything he can fit his teeth around?!?!

View attachment 1006220
WAIT

it’s not lost. I would guess the board/mechanics on the inside came out unharmed.
Tesla sells a replacement fob shell kit for 50$ AFAIK.

Talk to them and report back please.

Thanks

My dog (when a pup) dug through a box of camping gear, located our satellite phone, and turned it into a chew toy. 🤷‍♂️
OUCH!
It's uncanny how a pup goes for a thing of either monetary or sentimental value.
It's part of their bonding process - chew your glasses, your jewelry, your boots, your electronics which all have your scent. So don't be mad - your dog's most outrageous acts are acts of love...🐶 "arf!"