Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C problem? Rear vents blow warm/hot air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah if anything i find my rears to be blowing colder than my fronts.

Does anyone know if the rear vents automatically turn on if the rear seat weight sensor and/or seat belt being bucked activates the rear vents?
The rear vents turn on when a person is sitting in the back seat but they do not sense children in car seats and have to be manually turned on.

My rear vents are always on. I have a car seat carrier base installed in the center seat with a seat belt. That's why I asked. Seems like it does think someone is always sitting back there.

There is a weight sensor in each back seat to sense if someone is sitting to warn of unbuckled seatbelt and to turn on the AC. Maybe my car seat doesn't trigger it but yours does.

Gave multiple people first rides yesterday and can confirm that the rear ac does turn on by itself if someone is sitting back there. Also can confirm that the seatbelt warning doesn't go away if someone is unbuckled in the back.

There is a weight sensor in each back seat to sense if someone is sitting to warn of unbuckled seatbelt and to turn on the AC. Maybe my car seat doesn't trigger it but yours does.

Gave multiple people first rides yesterday and can confirm that the rear ac does turn on by itself if someone is sitting back there. Also can confirm that the seatbelt warning doesn't go away if someone is unbuckled in the back.

Yeah I think the base, as light as it is, does trigger it.

Experienced this for the first time today. Interesting that even after 45min it was still blowing warm out the right rear vent but the left one was a tiny bit colder. The car isn't that big that it should take this long for the rear blower to start blowing cold.