Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few out in Quartzite AZ at the big SpC... PICS..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey team, just thought you'd be interesting to know there's a few out here in Quartzite right now, don't know where they're going, etc since no one is in there or around.. and not going to wait...

Looks smaller than I thought and now tons of people are starting to show up and gather so I'm outta here.. but anyways.. enjoy!
1698709352091.jpeg

Hey team, just thought you'd be interesting to know there's a few out here in Quartzite right now, don't know where they're going, etc since no one is in there or around.. and not going to wait...

Looks smaller than I thought and now tons of people are starting to show up and gather so I'm outta here.. but anyways.. enjoy!
View attachment 986613
Dam. I was right there around 5:30pm. Just didnt see it. My bad.

I'm actually quite glad they are small. I have a massive truck now that I like, but it is a bother to park. And let's be real the demo on this truck is not worksite/towing trailer people; it's the same demo as people who buy teslas now but want some utility (or give the image of wanting it). A smaller truck is likely to serve that well--i.e. weekend warriors.

Seems there's alot out testing / driving around now. He's was on Rogan yest with his which I'm sure everyone here has seen already but I'm sure there's tons of mules out there testing and driving around... seems there's more and more at the SpC's also being charged/ tested also :cool:

Wow, still super duper ugly. Yeesh!

I know, some folks love it and that's fine, but I'm definitely not one of them. Good news is that I won't be in the queue trying to get one, so they can get their unit sooner. :)
I’m old enough to remember people lining up and paying way over MSRP for…the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Tom Hanks bought one. About 36 months later you could pick one up with a $2500 rebate and free financing as long as you could fog a mirror.

Same with the VW New Beetle, Ford Thunderbird, and Scion bB.

I can’t figure out if the cybertruck is going to be a PT Cruiser or an F150 in the marketplace.

Lots of people buy ugly vehicles, if they serve a purpose. Once accepted, the market expands.
Ugly popular vehicles are Jeeps, Hummers, RVs, 18 wheelers, most pickup trucks, SUVs, Golf Carts, Chiron, Low Riders, Lifted trucks, boats on trailers, trailers, Work trucks, delivery vehicles, Azetcs, 40s & 50s cars, amphicars, taxis, dump trucks, cement trucks, etc.

I'm actually quite glad they are small. I have a massive truck now that I like, but it is a bother to park. And let's be real the demo on this truck is not worksite/towing trailer people; it's the same demo as people who buy teslas now but want some utility (or give the image of wanting it). A smaller truck is likely to serve that well--i.e. weekend warriors.
from what I've read the Cybertruck is about the same length (make 1-2 inches shorter) than the F150 in the most popular config. Not exactly super easy to maneuver for weekend warriors. The Rivian is ~15 inches shorter than the F150 and probaby ideal for weekend warriors - easier to park

Reactions: EatsShoots
Did anyone else notice how tight the charge cord is stretched due to the poor placement of the charge port ?

How many charge stations will be damaged the first year of CT production due to drivers backing up into them ?
yeah. not ideal. my guess is that if the Cybertruck tires hit the stopper on the floor ... the rear of the Cybertruck has long nailed the charging station

Reactions: TessP100D and KJD