Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A freebie from Tesla! Wow so happy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This past Friday, I took in my Model S for service for a camera issue. Problem: Camera screen would, on occasion, display with odd hue discoloration/display. I was expecting to pick up on same day as drop-off. Unfortunately, that was not the case. They provided me a loaner. Next day, still not ready.

So I pick up today and not only was the camera issue fixed (replaced camera) - they gave me a major freebie that I'm scared to even mention out of concern that others will demand the same. I'm still shocked.

Let's just say I'm very very happy and so is my wallet. =) Love my Model S and Tesla. Almost one year with my S and I still look forward to getting into my car every day for a drive.

Thank you Tesla team! Especially the Las Vegas team! Just wow!

I suspect the concern is not a selfish one, but rather a concern for Tesla (or for their local service center, rather), not being able to offer the same freebie to everyone.

Seems selfish to me. They are not Tesla, so they should be ashamed they don't want everyone to get it. Special treatment is supposedly not how Tesla does business.

Imagine if the first person who was uncorked acted this way instead of sharing that information and thereby benefitting all owners.

My guess is they uncorked you.

Which is something they've been doing for free for people with a 75. But, I don't know if it's been done for people without a D or those software limited to 60kWh.

An uncork would have been a dream S4. Unfortunately, everything I've read - confirms you - only 75Ds. No 60s or Non-Ds.

I know some people seem a bit discontent with my OP. However, I wrote it mostly to emphasize my joy in being a Tesla owner and my positive experience with the service center.

What can I say - I love my Tesla and I wouldn't trade this experience for ANYTHING! I love my Model S and the Tesla Team has been great. Always responsive and polite.

Last edited:
I have experience the same thing when in for Tesla service. They have also addressed an issue that was unknown to me. They did this out of good will and there was no charge.

Like the OP I did not post about this, as I knew lots of other owners would be calling their service centers demanding that they also get this freebie service.

Tesla service often does proactive service when your car is in their shop. They also are known to download software updates.

Sometimes when I see posts from service customers complaining about this or that, I am reminded about the bonus things I have received and simply smile to myself. No need to post, but the satisfaction is real.

• Informative
Reactions: Vitold and Ghosty