Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were a couple other posts regarding the pre-production units of the Jeda Wireless Pad for the Model 3 that were given free as test units. I just got mine in, which I fully paid for, and would like to give you my unbiased first impressions.

Pictures:

Jeda wireless pad for model 3

• Packaged very well - has an Apple-quality feel to it
  • Unlike pre-production units, mine came with the two microUSB cables to connect to it
  • I did order the unit with the fast charging battery pack, however I did not receive it. I will reach out to them about that, but likely will ask for a refund since I wired directly to a dual QC3.0 usb port in the 12v Socket.
  • Installation was easy, was a little bit tricky plugging in the cables since I didnt leave enough slack for the USB cables from the 12v socket
  • Fast wireless charging works on my Galaxy S8! I will be taking a longer trip this Friday and will see if there is drainage while streaming music AND running Waze in the background.
  • After a few minutes of driving with turns and bumps, it never lost wireless charging connection.
  • I do wish the center divider was taller as I can see the phone sliding all the way to the other side in a quick turn. Maybe I'll 3d print a taller divider to place over the current one
  • I tested different drop in positions (all the way to the left, and to the right) and it they all started charging my phone.

So the million dollar (well, $100) question: Is it worth it?

Yes, if you want something that looks like it was built into the car. The quality of the product was much better than expected for this startup. As stated before, I do wish the center divider was taller to prevent the phone from ever going to the other side.

No, if you are ok with DIY projects or dont care for wireless charging. I like DIY projects, but the current solutions out there are not *clean* in my opinion.

Overall, I have no idea why Tesla didnt include a wireless charging pad in that center location - at least in the PUP. I feel that wireless charging makes it very convenient to just drop in your phone to charge. The cables and tray included with the 3, while nice looking because the cables are hidden, are sometimes tough to get your phone plugged into.

I will update my nice/need accessory list with this thread for the review, pictures, and comments

Thanks for the review! My Jeda wireless charging pad should arrive soon. You indicated in your review that for your fast charging DIY the USB cables provided didn't have enough slack to reach the QC3 USB port you used in the 12v. socket (your alternative way to get fast charging, other than via the battery pack option). What length USB cable did you purchase, and which brand dual QC3.0 plug did you use for the 12v. socket? Links to those products, if you have them please?

BTW, another company, RPM, sells a fast charging wireless pad, and also has a useful instruction video on how to install the wires to the 12v. socket so they are neat and out of sight:

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Thanks for the review! My Jeda wireless charging pad should arrive soon. You indicated in your review that for your fast charging DIY the USB cables provided didn't have enough slack to reach the QC3 USB port you used in the 12v. socket (your alternative way to get fast charging, other than via the battery pack option). What length USB cable did you purchase, and which brand dual QC3.0 plug did you use for the 12v. socket? Links to those products, if you have them please?

BTW, another company, RPM, sells a fast charging wireless pad, and also has a useful instruction video on how to install the wires to the 12v. socket so they are neat and out of sight:

Is this the video you meant to post?

Has anyone used the powerbank solution for any long term duration? Pro/cons to this? We already have two thin wireless chargers in and they function fine, but want the fast charging without the hassle of tearing up the side tabs. Adding the powerbank with passthrough charging appears to be a viable solution, but wanted folk's opinion on why not beyond having the bank taking up room in the front console that we dont use at all.

I just received my wireless charging pad today (order #5588) and I also did not received the fast charging battery module I ordered. Has anyone received this battery module yet or is it vaporware?

Was yours shipped this week?
Mine is due to ship this week, according to last week's update email, but so far I've heard nothing from them.
No weekly update email either.

The wait continues.

Was yours shipped this week?
Mine is due to ship this week, according to last week's update email, but so far I've heard nothing from them.
No weekly update email either.

The wait continues.
Yes, mine was shipped on Tuesday. You will receive an email when it ships with a tracking number. Overall I’m pleased with the charging pad. It looks good, very easy to install and works great.

My pad arrived today, a day short of 11 weeks after ordering. Honesty, I had pretty much given up on it after being told on 3 occasions that the item was on it's way.
Today I saw that Nomad released their version (Wireless Charger), and if I hadn't come home to my Jeda pad today, I would have ordered the Nomad.

The Jeda installed quickly. It looks like I need to order a new case for my iPhone X as the one I have on it now is rounded at the base, and it feels like it's going to be slipping through that crack all the time. I wish the bottom had a bigger lip. I'll take it on it's maiden voyage tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

Got mine today and have a question regarding installation. The instructions say to remove the pad, cables and bottom panel. Is there a trick to removing the bottom panel so you can get at the cables? Just don't want to crack or damage the panel since it wouldn't come off with my initial efforts.

Last edited:
Here is mine: Works great to charge. Now I just need a Model 3!

34BC0EA0-7C40-411E-9735-350E36F8A51B.jpeg

Got mine today and have a question regarding installation. The instructions say to remove the pad, cables and bottom panel.
Is there a trick to removing the bottom panel so you can get at the cables?
Watch the Model 3 Owners Club video.

FYI I have bought Nomad products in the past, so when they announced their version of a wireless pad, I looked hard at it, then e-mailed them some questions. Their unit has hard wired short USB cables, so you cannot swap out longer ones. To get the full charge capability of their unit, you need to have both cables plugged in, so you lose the ability to plug in a USB jump drive. Yes, you get the battery pack for a boost, plus a pilot light. With the Jeda, I can swap longer cables, and fairly easily connect it to a full 2A 12V adapter in the 12V accessory port in the rear center console (see RPMTesla instructions). Thus I will get maximal charge current, and keep my front USB ports free for a USB drive and 'guest' charging cable. Full disclosure--I have a Jeda in hand, as well as 3 foot good quality mini-USB to USB cables, and am waiting for my 'full spec' P3D to arrive.

• Informative
Reactions: rabar10