Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI I have bought Nomad products in the past, so when they announced their version of a wireless pad, I looked hard at it, then e-mailed them some questions. Their unit has hard wired short USB cables, so you cannot swap out longer ones. To get the full charge capability of their unit, you need to have both cables plugged in, so you lose the ability to plug in a USB jump drive. Yes, you get the battery pack for a boost, plus a pilot light. With the Jeda, I can swap longer cables, and fairly easily connect it to a full 2A 12V adapter in the 12V accessory port in the rear center console (see RPMTesla instructions). Thus I will get maximal charge current, and keep my front USB ports free for a USB drive and 'guest' charging cable. Full disclosure--I have a Jeda in hand, as well as 3 foot good quality mini-USB to USB cables, and am waiting for my 'full spec' P3D to arrive.

Why wouldn't you be able to use a usb extension cable?

Reactions: jsrawa
I am waiting on my configured AWD and I had just emailed Jeda to have my code reactivated but I really think the Nomad product is superior. I had some of their Apple watch products and they were high quality. The price is higher of course.

Look closely, they should be there

No, they're not there.

DB380930-8F2A-4F79-AA3C-96E9307468E1.jpeg

Has anybody experienced the fact that the Jeda barely puts in any juice? Drove with it today on a 60 mile commute and I don’t think it added anything to the phone battery.

I don't have my vehicle yet, but I did test it with a USB voltage tester. I found that mine put out 5V, 1A, as expected for my iPhone, but if the phone slipped down to the very bottom edge of the pad, the amperage dropped significantly. What happens if you put something below your phone to raise it up just a little bit as a test (like a thin strip of foam the width of a pencil)?

I didn't realize until I watched the reviews that the pad is supposed to have sticky dots on the back to adhere to the vehicle. I received mine now but it has no dots on the back. Has this happened to anyone else? No word back from the company after two days.

Sticky dots? Mine didn't have them either. I noticed it kind of wobbles around a bit, so I was going to get some of my own. Mine looks just like yours.

Sticky dots? Mine didn't have them either. I noticed it kind of wobbles around a bit, so I was going to get some of my own. Mine looks just like yours.

Yeah, the M3OC review mentions that not only are there supposed to be four, but future production units are supposed to add more. If you look at the install instructions in the box, it mentions them as well. Not the end of the world but I'm trying to contact Jeda to see what they can do.

Has anybody experienced the fact that the Jeda barely puts in any juice? Drove with it today on a 60 mile commute and I don’t think it added anything to the phone battery.

I made a point to do a very non-scientific test tonight when I left work. While running Waze I went from 17% charge to 19% charge after a half hour of driving. I have an ultra thin plastic case on my iPhone X. Normally, by plugging in, I would have at least 50% charge.
I'll keep an eye on this and perhaps see what kind of results I get with no case on at all, just to be fair. I have a Samsung 7.5v Qi charger at home and it charges way faster than that.

If you are using the usb port for charging, the max speed you get is 5V. If you use the 12V port it should charge must faster. This will be true no matter what wireless pads you're using.

Did anyone see this feature on the Nomad charger? It’s a lip at the bottom which should prevent the phone from slipping down better than the Jeda. I am debating returning the Jeda and buying the Nomad instead, especially because I am familiar with their products. Is anyone else in the same boat?

46901710-276E-4745-8035-6547053EC51C.jpeg